Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
February 22, 2021 at 6:14 pm #8147869

robertS-107

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

=== TOP 1 of 1 (total) Slow Queries for the past 24 hours ========================================================
1. Executed 23h 24m 4s ago for 2.168968 sec on Database --> dbb6fymbqgkck5
Date: 2021-02-20 19:13:50 Query_time: 2.168968 Rows_examined: 190979: Rows_sent 6 Lock_time: 0.000083 Query_chars: 556
SELECT t.name, tt.description, iclt_original.element_id ttid, t.term_id tr_ttid FROM wpbw_terms t JOIN wpbw_term_taxonomy tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id JOIN wpbw_icl_translations iclt_translation ON iclt_translation.element_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id AN
_type JOIN wpbw_icl_translations iclt_original ON iclt_original.trid = iclt_translation.trid JOIN wpbw_icl_translate jobs ON jobs.field_type = CONCAT('t_', iclt_original.element_id) WHERE jobs.job_id = 2062 AND iclt_translation.language_code = 'fr';
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

February 24, 2021 at 9:19 am #8160785

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

1) Since you are using WPML and Woocommerce and they require a lot of memory, please update memory limit values:

Please open and add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code. This file is located in your website's root folder.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

2) In order to check what goes wrong, we need more info about the query and when it happens.

Can you please install the Query Monitor plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/) and check if this slow query happens on specific pages, frontend or backend.

3) Please check if the issue still happens when only the WPML plugins and WooCommerce active while using the WP default theme.

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way or have doubts or questions about the steps mentioned above, I'll do my best to help you in the best way possible.

Regards,
Drazen

March 3, 2021 at 6:36 am #8213517

robertS-107

1) I had the hosting company update the memory limit to 512M.

2) I installed the Query Monitor plugin but I am not sure what data you would need from it in order to help you resolve this issue.

3) Unfortunately I cannot flip the website to another theme for testing.

thanks,
Frank

March 3, 2021 at 7:55 am #8213905

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello Frank,

thanks for getting back.

Actually, we would need to check if the issue happens in a specific case/page or it is caused by other plugins/themes.

So I suggest since you can not do a test on a live website, to create a staging site and there do the suggested test and check if the issue still happens and if it happens in the specific case.

We need to be able to check and reproduce the issue in order to check what goes wrong and how to fix it.

When you install Query monitor, some new information shows up in the admin bar, hovering over you can see more information about your site. Also there you can see if slow queries are happening and which are they. Image attached

You mention in your first reply there is a slow query by WPML, so this is the best way to check when and how it happens and also which query is it exactly.

The best would be to test on a staging site.

Please let me know how it goes and if you need help.

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

query-monitor-admin-bar.png

The topic ‘[Closed] Our Hosting Company spotted slow database query – I need your assistance’ is closed to new replies.