Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 11:29 am #4400481

orenF-2

I am trying to: see the new translations

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the full translation

Instead, I got: missing text. I have opened a ticket about this in the past, and followed your directions to update the plugins. this did not solve the issue

August 15, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4401939

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

As I can't read Spanish, please provide a screenshot that demonstrates the mixing of languages. I can also ask a colleague that understand Spanish to continue on this ticket.

Also, please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

August 18, 2019 at 8:10 am #4411737

orenF-2

The Spanish is irrelevant, what is relevant is that half the text on the page is missing, despite our translation company pushing the entire translation. We have the same problem in German, Italian and Japanese as well/.

I cannot do a whole site backup as our developers are constantly making changes. Can you explore the site in another way?

August 19, 2019 at 10:40 am #4415299

orenF-2

I am still waiting for a response.

August 19, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4416917

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Since Jamal currently has a few days off, I will replace him here in the forum. I hope this is OK for you.

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer). This way I can take a look at the settings and try to find a workaround. However, as the issue may be related to translation services, we may need access to the website.

Please let me know if it worked for you. If so, please send us clear instructions on how to see/reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

September 1, 2019 at 5:55 pm #4492917

orenF-2

Hi Diego,

Thank you for your response and apologies for the delay in responding back. I need to confirm with a few parties here that we don't have any sensitive content on the site (client information, etc.). I'll let you know as soon as I've confirmed this and made the transfer.

Thanks!

September 2, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4497077

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I'll set this ticket as waiting for user feedback until you come back to us.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 8, 2019 at 11:58 am #4531405

orenF-2

Hi, the migration is complete. Please let me know once you've had an opportunity to investigate the issue or if you need clarification on anything.

Thanks!

September 10, 2019 at 9:25 am #4543589

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Our apologies for the late reply. We still need your help to properly investigate the issue.
Please provide in the private area an admin user/password to access the migrated website. And the steps you follow that can show this issue.
If you can also take screenshots of the areas that still present the mixed language content, that would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Jamal

September 13, 2019 at 10:19 am #4567383

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

It seems that the translation of the page is not complete. See the attached images.
That's why I need to know exactly the steps that you have followed to have the issue.
Have you sent the translation to a translation service? Which one?
Have you tried to pull translations from translation service through WPML->Translation Managment->Translation Dashboard->Check status and get translations?
Can you provide the XILFF file from your translation service dashboard, so we can check what was really translated?
Have you sent the translation to a local translator?

Furthermore, the page seems to use ACF group fields. ACF creates two custom fields for each field, one with the name of the field, and one system field prefixed by _. The system fields should always be set to "copy" and the named field should be configured to be translatable.
I notice several child fields(of the flexible group) that has different settings.

Please answer my questions so I can escalade proper information to our internal teams.

Best regards,
Jamal

October 8, 2019 at 2:48 pm #4716441

Jamal
Supporter

Hello, I would like to check on you again about this issue. Did you implement my suggestion on the last message?

I'll remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Jamal

October 10, 2019 at 10:15 am #4729163

orenF-2

Hi,

This was ticket was closed and I requested that it be reopened. Simply put, I needed to gather all of the information I was being asked for.

The issue is that many of the translations are missing content or missing the translations altogether. Our understanding is that the translations are complete, but they are not showing up that way on the frontend. I'm adding some screenshots for reference.

Take for example, translations of this page:
hidden link
Spanish: it appears all of the translation is here.
German: Missing a lot of text – entire bottom half of the page
Italian: Missing a lot of text – entire bottom half of the page
Japanese: It appears all of the translation is here

hidden link
Spanish: it appears all of the translation is here.
German: Missing a lot of text – entire bottom half of the page
Italian: Missing a lot of text – entire bottom half of the page
Japanese: It appears all of the translation is here

You'll notice that the Japanese and Spanish translations seem to appear okay, but the Italian and German are missing content.

For the following page, it's even more of an issue. In this case, the German and Italian show in their entirety, but the Spanish and Japanese have almost zero content on the front end. The strange part, though, is that the page edit screen shows full content for the page and it appears translated.

hidden link
Spanish : Content not showing
German: Content showing
Italian: Content showing
Japanese: Content not showing

This is an example of how the page is supposed to appear:
hidden link
Spanish : Is showing as expected
German: Is showing as expected
Italian: Is showing as expected
Japanese: Is showing as expected

We've copied over our entire site into your server so that you can investigate and test. Any files that exist there, you have access to.

Your suggestion allowed me to retrieve a few translations, but not all of them, so it's likely these were some of those that were actually working - as I said, this issue is inconsistent.

As for ACF, I'm not really sure I'm following the issue you've presented. We use ACFs, and I believe most are set to 'copy', but either way, I don't see why it would work for some translations and not others - it's not determined by language.

Thanks in advance for your help!

October 10, 2019 at 4:42 pm #4733045

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

The migrated site has been deleted. And the provided login is not working for the live site.
Can you provide a staging site(with login/password) where to check further?

Otherwise, would you like to migrate your website to our platform again and check the issue on it?

Best regards,
Jamal

October 16, 2019 at 12:59 pm #4765927

orenF-2

Hi,

I'll be happy to setup the site again, but i can't give you access to our staging site.
Please send me the details of where to set it up.

Also, please keep this ticket open. it's the holiday season here and very difficult to answer every two days (so that your system doesn't close the ticket).

Best regards,

October 16, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4766725

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Please check my private message(OCTOBER 16, 2019 AT 2:51 PM) for the information needed to migrate your site again.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Our translation service has pushed new translations but they do not appear’ is closed to new replies.