This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 43 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by abdullahA-46 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
February 6, 2019 at 10:09 am

abdullahA-46

I am trying to: open the staging website in the translated mode. link to staging:hidden link

I expected to see: The content of the website has been translated as per the settings made by the admin from the admin panel

Instead, I got: 504 issue on each of the translated pages.

February 7, 2019 at 6:46 am #3168641

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I'm not sure where the issue is happening as you provided to URL from to different sites and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue in any of the sites. Could you provide the steps and the URL of the site with the issue you are describing in the ticket?

2.- Please update all outdated plugins in the site from where you provided the credentials in your previous message. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Kind regards,
Carlos

February 8, 2019 at 5:39 am #3173394

abdullahA-46

1. The credentials that I have shared with you in the message are from the staging/testing server. We are facing these issues more frequently on the staging server. As we are in a process of replacing the code of the live server with that of the testing one, we need to debug our issues on the testing server.

Please have a look into this issue on our staging only.

2. I have updated all the plugins on the staging site. Please have a look. The issue still exist.

February 8, 2019 at 8:50 am #3173712

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Please follow this steps:
- Go to Settings -> Permalinks -> Go to the bottom of the page and there you will find the content you should insert in your .htaccess file.

The error is caused because of the permission in the folders of the site don't allow the system or any user to make changes in the archives. Please visit this link where you will find the correct permission structure for the fields and folders: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/least-amount-of-permissions-needed-to-run-properly/

Could you tell me if the issue persists after setting the right permissions in the folders and files and updating all outdated plugins?

Regards,
Carlos

February 8, 2019 at 12:59 pm #3175147

abdullahA-46

Thanks, Will check this and get back to you on monday

February 8, 2019 at 5:57 pm #3176509

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I will be waiting for your message.

Regards,
Carlos

February 14, 2019 at 7:47 am #3197895

abdullahA-46

I have performed the steps that you've shared with me. Still the issue remains unresolved. Please look into it and let me know the reason for it.

February 14, 2019 at 1:22 pm #3199967

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you for your message.

I visited the site again and I was able to reproduce the issue. This time there is a Javascript error that doesn't allow the language to switch.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Flush all cache memory
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Regards,
Carlos

February 21, 2019 at 6:00 am #3224999

abdullahA-46

Hey Carlos,

We've already tried this process but weren't able to find any conflict as such on the theme. Even the theme developers have marked that it is most compatible with the WPML plugin. I've been going through several posts and found that many users have faced this issue and is been resolved by WPML team only.

Is this something related to it?
Please can we cut short these delays and fix this up. I've come across this issue for the first time and have been working wpml on many of my projects.

Will be great if we can sort this up quickly.

Regards,

February 24, 2019 at 11:47 am #3236601

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Carlos in in leave and I try my best to help you till he comes back.

I do not see anywhere the language switcher in your front end.
How to check this issue?

When try to go to your Arbic pages in back end I see just this: hidden link
could you:
Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

February 26, 2019 at 9:46 am #3243878

abdullahA-46

Hi Riffaz,

That's the only issue the content/pages of Arabic doesn't load or take a lot of time. Here's the link: hidden link

Here's the link to download the log file: hidden link

Regards,

February 27, 2019 at 6:13 am
February 27, 2019 at 8:14 am #3248817

abdullahA-46

Hi Riffaz,

I appreciate your help but I don't need a test server so, you can debug. Let me know what you need to fix this and I'll share those details with you. Waiting for your response.

Regards,

February 28, 2019 at 10:37 am #3254642

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

We can not check a performance issue in a production site.
So we need a test server/site.
This could be ours or a test site from you.
You can clone your site into your server and create a test / development site and let us know.

Or a provide a copy of your site so we can debug it locally : https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Regards,

February 28, 2019 at 3:58 pm #3256420

abdullahA-46

I already have a staging server, Will the FTP details work or you need anything else as well.

Regards,