This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.20 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
June 15, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4028627

julieH-7

Hi there!

I am trying to: Have the default language for WP Admin be English, but the default language for our site enigma-tic.ca be french.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: When clicking "English" in the upper nav of WP Admin, I would expect the UI to switch to English

Instead, I got: The content remains in French no matter what we do.

Thanks for your help!

June 16, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4030503

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. WP admin language is independent of the Site’s Front-end language.

You can change wp admin language from Users >> Your profile >> Language dropdown as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/setting-the-wordpress-administration-language/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance.

Thank you

June 16, 2019 at 7:49 pm #4031131

julieH-7

Thanks Norman! I was aware users can change their own language, however I would expect the language to switch to the selected language in the top nav - shouldn't that be the case?

June 17, 2019 at 5:42 am #4032093

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Yes, you can achieve it by selecting ‘Set admin language as editing language’ checkbox from Dashboard >> Users >> Your Profile page and now it will change back-end language using admin language switcher as you can see in the attached screenshots.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Our WP UI was changed to FR and doesn't switch back when selecting English’ is closed to new replies.