Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The Classic Translation Editor shows default language content already deleted.

Solution:

1 - Finish the translation job and then delete it

Finish the current translation with any fake content and then click to mark it as 100% complete, after that you can delete the entire translated page.

1.2 - Click to edit the translation and fill all the content with any sample content then check all the fields as complete and click to save and finish it.

1.2 - Now, click to list all the pages and then change to the secondary language using the top admin bar language switcher.

1.3 - You should see the translated page in the page listing, using the default WordPress features move it to trash and then delete it permanently.

1.4 - Add a new translation as usual.

2 - Cancel the translation job

2.1 - A WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management click the 'Translation Jobs' tab and cancel the problematic translation using the red 'times' icon.

2.2 - Resend this page for translation as usual.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ariel 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 7, 2019 at 12:11 am

Ariel

I am trying to: translate a page to portuguese.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the same fields that are offered for the english translation, as can be seen in hidden link

Instead, I got: different fields that I don't where they came from.

October 7, 2019 at 7:51 pm #4710575

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your WordPress Dashboard settings and could notice the mentioned issue, please try the following:

1 - Click to edit the problematic post/page in the default language where you see the issue with the translations fields.

2 - Make a minor editing on it, maybe adding a blank space or a period for example (the purpose here is just to refresh the translations) and save it.

3 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Troubleshooting click to 'Clear the WPML Cache' at the troubleshooting options.

4 - Now, click to edit the portuguese translations again.

If the above doesn't work, then I recommend you to delete the portuguese translations and start ove again (as you don't have much content for this page/post this step will be effective enough).

Please, let me know if it works for you, have a nice day.

October 7, 2019 at 11:39 pm #4711103

Ariel

Hi!
That didn't work.
How do I delete the portuguese translation?

October 8, 2019 at 7:03 pm #4717841

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Ariel,

Thank you for the updates. Then, deleting this translation will be the best option, you have two options for that:

1 - Finish the translation job and then delet it.

You can just finish the current translation with any fake content and then click to mark it as 100& complete, after that you can delete the entire translated page.

1.2 - Click to edit the portuguese translation and fill all the content with any sample content then check all the fields as complete and click to save and finish it.

1.2 - Now, click to list all the pages and then change to the portuguese language using the top admin bar language switcher.

1.3 - You should see the translated portuguese page in the page listing, using the default WordPress features move it to trash and then delete it permanently.

1.4 - Add a new translation as usual.

2 - Cancel the translation job

2.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management click the 'Translation Jobs' tab and cancel the 'promociones' page es to pt translation using the red 'times' icon.

2.2 - Resend this page for translation as usual.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

October 11, 2019 at 12:09 am #4734459

Ariel

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!