This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The Classic Translation Editor shows default language content already deleted.

Solution:

1 - Finish the translation job and then delete it

Finish the current translation with any fake content and then click to mark it as 100% complete, after that you can delete the entire translated page.

1.2 - Click to edit the translation and fill all the content with any sample content then check all the fields as complete and click to save and finish it.

1.2 - Now, click to list all the pages and then change to the secondary language using the top admin bar language switcher.

1.3 - You should see the translated page in the page listing, using the default WordPress features move it to trash and then delete it permanently.

1.4 - Add a new translation as usual.

2 - Cancel the translation job

2.1 - A WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management click the 'Translation Jobs' tab and cancel the problematic translation using the red 'times' icon.

2.2 - Resend this page for translation as usual.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ariel 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 7, 2019 at 12:11 am

Ariel

I am trying to: translate a page to portuguese.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the same fields that are offered for the english translation, as can be seen in hidden link

Instead, I got: different fields that I don't where they came from.

October 7, 2019 at 7:51 pm #4710575

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your WordPress Dashboard settings and could notice the mentioned issue, please try the following:

1 - Click to edit the problematic post/page in the default language where you see the issue with the translations fields.

2 - Make a minor editing on it, maybe adding a blank space or a period for example (the purpose here is just to refresh the translations) and save it.

3 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Troubleshooting click to 'Clear the WPML Cache' at the troubleshooting options.

4 - Now, click to edit the portuguese translations again.

If the above doesn't work, then I recommend you to delete the portuguese translations and start ove again (as you don't have much content for this page/post this step will be effective enough).

Please, let me know if it works for you, have a nice day.

October 7, 2019 at 11:39 pm #4711103

Ariel

Hi!
That didn't work.
How do I delete the portuguese translation?

October 8, 2019 at 7:03 pm #4717841

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Ariel,

Thank you for the updates. Then, deleting this translation will be the best option, you have two options for that:

1 - Finish the translation job and then delet it.

You can just finish the current translation with any fake content and then click to mark it as 100& complete, after that you can delete the entire translated page.

1.2 - Click to edit the portuguese translation and fill all the content with any sample content then check all the fields as complete and click to save and finish it.

1.2 - Now, click to list all the pages and then change to the portuguese language using the top admin bar language switcher.

1.3 - You should see the translated portuguese page in the page listing, using the default WordPress features move it to trash and then delete it permanently.

1.4 - Add a new translation as usual.

2 - Cancel the translation job

2.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management click the 'Translation Jobs' tab and cancel the 'promociones' page es to pt translation using the red 'times' icon.

2.2 - Resend this page for translation as usual.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

October 11, 2019 at 12:09 am #4734459

Ariel

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!