This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
December 11, 2018 at 8:09 am #2987507

Chris Smith

I am trying to:
Using WPML with Memsource, we worked with an agency to export content to Memsource, translate and reupload. The project had over 20 languages.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
All languages reuploaded into the site.

Instead, I got:
All languages except PTPT were uploaded.

December 12, 2018 at 5:02 am #2991653

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Could you please contact the Memsource support once and confirm if they support pt-pt? I checked this link and I don't find pt-pt language there.. hidden link

If they don't provide support over the pt-pt language you will need to follow the below steps:

1. Go to WPML->Languages->Edit language
2. Add a new custom language for Portuguese with the language code "pt "
3. Now send the post for translation and see if the issue exists.
4. If the above solution works, I request you to duplicate all you existing pt-pt content into pt using the steps as mentioned below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/
5. Once all the content is translation you can re-duplicate the pt content to pt-pt if you wish.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

December 12, 2018 at 8:26 am #2992088

Chris Smith

Hi Shekhar

Thanks for looking into this.

The link you checked is for Machine Translation, here's the link for supported languages: hidden link

Indeed Memsource does support PTPT, we extracted the content and pushed it to Memsource (everything worked as normal, language worked with the connector, applied the PTPT TM etc) however when uploading the translated content back to WordPress, only PTPT didn't work.

Many thanks

December 12, 2018 at 8:29 am #2992096

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the details.

Did you receive any errors message while trying to upload it back?

Could you please perform the below steps and share me the results?

Debugging

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem (upload the translation back)
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 18, 2018 at 10:48 am #3011680

Chris Smith

Hi Shekhar

We've edited the config file to allow for debugging.

We'll try to repeat the action asap and will follow up with you when this happens.

Would it help if we provided you with access to WordPress to check the settings regarding Portuguese?

Many thanks

December 19, 2018 at 5:10 am #3014835

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, that would help, but I would need to check the debug log first to make sure if we don't have any PHP errors at all.

Thanks

December 27, 2018 at 6:26 am #3035946

Chris Smith

Yes, this is still an active issue for us and our translation agency, Webcertain, is working it. I expect they will have more to add to this support thread. Thanks.

December 27, 2018 at 9:39 am #3036225

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Sure, let us know if you need any help once they finish checking.

Thanks

January 8, 2019 at 11:21 am #3066486

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for getting back.

The info provided is debugged information, would you mind providing me wp-debug.log file, this file contains php error happening on the site, you can find this file on the wp-content folder with the wp-debug.log name

Thanks

January 9, 2019 at 4:19 am #3069793

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Please send the log using some file sharing sites like (google drive, Dropbox) or provide me ftp details too, so I can myself check the log.

You can edit your previous private reply to send me the ftp details or link to the debug.log

Thanks

January 21, 2019 at 1:43 pm #3112700

Chris Smith

Hi again

Jordan here, apologies I thought I had submitted the reply previously with the details however I had a primary SSD failure and needed to reinstall windows around the same time so I suspect I didn't submit before this happened.

I'll go through the details and get the information to you on this today.

Best regards

January 22, 2019 at 9:21 am #3115322

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am checking this documentation here: hidden link

The documentation has a section called "Language Mapping". It mentions that "This gives users the option to map default WPML language codes to Memsource language codes."

Being so I went to WPML -> Languages -> Site Languages -> Edit Languages and can see the Portuguese code is set to "pt_pt"

And If I go to Memsource -> Language Mapping I can see that Portuguese code is set to "pt"

So it looks like the mapping is not done properly, could you please use the code "pt_pt" on the language mapping and let me know if this helps.

Thanks

January 23, 2019 at 12:19 pm #3120537

Chris Smith

Hi Shekar

Jordan here, I've tried changing this however I'm getting an error that the form isn't valid and that it doesn't have a unique code, I've brought this up with Memsource who are checking it asap.

I believe this has previously been set to pt_pt on a previous check so may not be the issue.

On the language codes, I see there are some things that don't line up but I'm not sure which fields WPML will reference with other plugins etc.

Portuguese settings:
WPML:-
Language name: Portuguese
Code: pt_pt (I can't edit this)
Default locale: pt_pt
hreflang: pt_pt

Memsource:-
Active Language: Portuguese
Code: pt (again I believe this was previously set to pt_pt)

As a comparison, here is French for France:-

WPML:-
Language name: French
Code: fr
Default locale: fr
hreflang: fr

Memsource:-
Active Language: French
Code: fr

Do you think that if we were to use Portuguese with only "pt" or Portuguese Portugal with "pt_pt" it might resolve things?

@chris, what level of changes can we make with PT? I wonder if we can try making a different Portuguese without deleting the existing one, possibly "Portuguese Portugal" and pseudotranslate another page and see if it imports?

In terms of the changes, as mentioned I can't change the code that comes up in WPML but I can with others, how freely could I edit settings for specifically this language? I think we could delete and start again if it doesn't work well.

Best regards
Jordan

January 24, 2019 at 4:03 am #3123405

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I've brought this up with Memsource who are checking it asap.

Let me know the results you received here, and after setting the same languages codes.

Do you think that if we were to use Portuguese with only "pt" or Portuguese Portugal with "pt_pt" it might resolve things?

As the docs from the memsource says the language code should be the same for both languages, I believe using the same code should solve the issue.

Also, I can see that memsource has created a seperate plugiin for WPML compatibility, so you can also ask what are the exact requirements for Memsource to work with WPML and follow it accordingly?

Thanks

January 24, 2019 at 5:24 pm #3126270

Chris Smith

Hi Shekhar

Jordan here, I've changed all the language codes throughout to "pt" aside from the PT language layer of the site as I can't change this. The changes made were to the Memsource language mapping as well as the WPML languages settings for "default locale" and "hreflang".

Changing these didn't work however, I'm now chasing Memsource on checking the issue on the plugin so I can try again with all set to "pt_pt".

In order to get things running well, can you explain what the settings inside WPML for the "code", "default locale" and "hreflang do? I will check with Memsource which of these the plugin refers to.

Many thanks