This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 10, 2018 at 4:24 pm #2076928

christianW-46

Hello,

I try to find a way to overwrite only one part of my page created with ACF.

I have a page which was translated in 8 languages.

I have now added a table which is now ready under English language.

The translated pages not contain this table and I wish therefore add just this table without overwriting the whole page (which destroy all my translation).

How can I write just this part in the other languages ? Is there an easy way ?

Thank you.

May 11, 2018 at 11:27 am #2087598

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with your quesitons.

You wrote: "...The translated pages not contain this table and I wish therefore add just this table without overwriting the whole page (which destroy all my translation)..."

Questions:
1. How is this table added to your original language page?

2. Why do you think that translating this table as it appears in your original page will overwrite the page translations that already exist? e.g. adding a table to a page should not be any different than adding more text or a custom field to the page. Perhaps there is more informaiton I should be aware of?

3. As a test, you can install the plugin Duplciate Post and make a clone of this page. It will be cloned along with all translations but the title will have "(Copy)" appended and it will be in DRAFT mode.

Use this page to make a test to translate the page with the table.

4. Tell me more about his table. Is the table created with ACF? Have you reviewed the following tutorials regarding WPML and ACF?
hidden link
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

5. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I wait for your feedback.

The topic ‘[Closed] Overwrite just a part of a page created with ACF’ is closed to new replies.