This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 41 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 10:22 am #3873607

massimoC-18

I am trying to: modify the english pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: every page is affected

I expected to see: the translated pages modified keeping the old translations

Instead, I got: the old translations overwritten by the english text

May 23, 2019 at 12:24 pm #3874953

massimoC-18

I've tryed Duplicator, the website is too big even filtering cache and updates, I can download the database + installer

May 23, 2019 at 1:04 pm #3875537

massimoC-18

I've made more tests on my localhost website, I confirm that the issue stands only when a page is created with the Avada default page builder: Fusion Buider.
Everytime I modify a page using the Fusion Builder editor, the existing translations are overwritten by the english text.

May 23, 2019 at 3:25 pm #3877423

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I would need at least a .zip with Avada, not only the database.
I'll enable a private reply.

May 27, 2019 at 10:10 am #3895779

massimoC-18

I've sent you on Thursday the duplicator package, did you find how to solve my issue?

May 28, 2019 at 7:31 am #3903513

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

sorry, I thought I had replied - the issue was escalated.
Please try to apply patches from Fusion Patcher, this seems to solve the issue. See here: hidden link

May 28, 2019 at 8:10 am #3903887

massimoC-18

Avada is the last version and all Fusion pathes are already applied. The issue remains.

May 28, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3907861

massimoC-18

Cloudways plugin wasn't working, anyway i've copied with Filezilla my website files under Cloudways public_html server folder, adding also installer.php and archive.zip obteined from Duplicator plugin.

May 29, 2019 at 2:03 pm #3916273

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for the late reply but I had issues installing your site.
I can see the problem in your copy, so I'm sending it to the 2nd tier for further debugging.

May 30, 2019 at 8:22 am #3921221

massimoC-18

Thank you, I hope that the 2nd tier assistance team will solve quickly the issue.

June 3, 2019 at 8:34 am #3940133

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we did further tests, and on a new installation, I can't reproduce the issue.
I tried again with your copy and this time I can't see the issue, so we are not sure what is going on here.

Maybe it has to do with some specific settings you have. Could you do a video of your process so we can try to see if we can reproduce the issue?

June 3, 2019 at 8:54 am #3940407

massimoC-18

Can you please tell what should be the wpml correct settings?
This is what I do:
1) I create a new test page in english with a simple content made by Fusion buider ( text box and some words), then upload;
2) I translate the page in italian;
3) I go back to the english page and modify the text, then upload;
4) I go to the italian page and find the italian text overwritten by the new english text.
I've already sent the debug file and screenshots where you can see my settings and the issue.

June 3, 2019 at 9:22 am #3940731

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the procedure seems correct, but we cannot reproduce the issue.

The first time I tried on your copy, I could, but if I create a new page, translate it and edit the original I don't see the translation overwritten anymore.
I managed to reproduce the issue only if Avada wasn't patched. If you constantly get this error, it might be a server-related problem, since it seems to be happening only on your site on a regular basis, that's why I asked you for a video with the whole process. For us it's very difficult to debug an issue we can't reproduce.

June 3, 2019 at 9:36 am #3940921

massimoC-18

How can I make a video of the process?

June 3, 2019 at 9:59 am #3941133

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you can record your screen, there are several ways to do it depending on the system you are, or you can use software like Loom.