We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by delieP 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
December 4, 2018 at 8:09 am #2965238

delieP

Hi everyone,

I currently have a bilingual site built with Multisite, Oxygen Builder, and MultilingualPress. I have purchased your plugin to try to recreate the site and hopefully simplify things a little bit. I created a new installation as a single site and have imported some of my contents to check WPML out, but the issue is that the template translations are not appearing in the front end (even if they do appear when using the Oxygen Builder). You can see that issue in the header's "hire me" button.

I read the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/oxygen-visual-builder/ and it seems that templates and reusable content are not currently compatible with WPML. Does this mean that I would have to build individual headers/footers in each page?

Do you have any suggestions as to how I could I could make this work? Building headers, footers and reusable content individually would kind of defeat the purpose for which I bought the plugin.

The original site is hidden link

The WPML site is: hidden link

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Delie

December 5, 2018 at 6:38 pm #2971337

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can understand, the menu/header links are added straight into the content builder edit page, right?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 10, 2018 at 7:16 pm #2985862

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Thank you so much for your patience, I really appreciate that. It's been crazy till now, a pretty big queue of tickets due to WPML + add-ons updates and also WordPress 5.0 version got launched.

I've been investigating more on this situation and from what I can see, the devs of oxygen builder say that their plugin has "..rudimentary support for WPML. This (WPML) is not an official feature of Oxygen and no support will be provided." (hidden link).

However, the duplicate alternative mentioned here (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/oxygen-visual-builder/#translating-oxygen-reusable-elements-templates) should work fine and should be a pretty easy process to follow. However, I can see the button not showing on front-end as translated.

It is also true what you are saying, normally the buttons and the menu itself should be created straight from Appearance > Menus. And then, if you want a specific design/style for the "Hire me" button like you currently have, you can apply that straight by using CSS to target that specific button and give it the style that you gave it with the builder.

This would be the approach I would recommend due to the fact that nothing that I tried worked and the devs of the plugin did not have a fully-WPML-compatible plugin.

And going forward with the current ticket, we could do 3 things:

1. You can add the "Hire me" button in the menu and custom code the design of it with CSS (if you don't know someone that can do this, you could hire a contractor here: https://wpml.org/contractors/)

2. This looks like a compatibility issue and I could forward it to our compatibility-issue department if you are willing to recreate the issue on a dev environment that I can create for you. After the issue is reproduced and documented very well, with all the steps to reproduce, the compatibility team will take a look at it and they can get in touch with the devs of the plugin

3. You can contact the plugin authors, letting them know about the issue and recommend them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their plugin 100% compatible with WPML for free.

Please let me know what you prefer.

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 12, 2018 at 12:41 pm #2993410

delieP

Hi Mihai,

Don't worry, I know support work can get crazy, especially after big releases like WordPress 5.0.

Regarding the issue, I just wanted to update on what I did and my reasoning, in case this can help someone else in the future.

I had originally added the last link to my navigation as a separate link because I wanted it to be visible no matter the device or screen size, and since the menus usually appear hidden in smaller screens, adding it to the rest of the navigation menu wasn't an option.

Then I saw that this link wasn't translatable with WPML, but your reply gave me and idea. I simply created another menu with just that link, added the CSS and then set it inside the Oxygen template to never toggle and that's it. Issue solved.

I will contact the authors and tell them about the Go Global program. Still, if you think it is a good idea, I wouldn't mind recreating the issue on a dev environment as well.

Have a nice day and thanks again for your help!

Delie

December 14, 2018 at 3:56 pm #3002460

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am very happy to hear that you managed to find a solution for this.

Letting the developers know about this issue and recommend them to apply to our Go Global program would be the best thing to do as our team will be available to help them make their product WPML compatible.

If the issue is resolved may I kindly ask you to also mark this ticket as resolved?

And as usual: please never hesitate to come back to our support forums any time you need help with WPML or when you simply have questions related to our products. 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 18, 2018 at 7:13 pm #3013654

delieP

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!