Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by konstantinF 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 6, 2020 at 11:29 am #6069881

konstantinF

Hi! I was experimenting with WPML + oxygen builder and was surprised that everything seems work fine mostly. But I got one frustrating problem as everything works except last step.

I've got:
Oxygen templates manually translated:
- Oxygen rus page template
- Oxygen eng page template

Pages Rus to Eng using Translation Editor
- Rus page hidden link (it's ok)
- Eng page hidden link (when logged in looks perfect - hidden link)

I saw https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/oxygen-visual-builder/#translating-oxygen-reusable-elements-templates and seems like manual template selection could solve it but's really not usable to select template for every english post and page manually..

ps: I hope links will be hidden for indexing 🙂

ps2: I alsa can't hide hidden link windows from some settings page. All the necessary plugins are active and I reacieving an error after clicking Enable it now hidden link

May 7, 2020 at 6:40 pm #6083219

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 8, 2020 at 3:12 pm #6089795

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I took a detailed look at your WordPress Dashboard and here are the results of my tests:

1 - Always make sure you have a translation for your Oxygen Builder templates from your WordPress Dashboard > Oxygen > Templates settings.

2 - Make sure the translated template is assigned to the translated page from the page editing screen at the 'Render page using template' section of the Oxygen builder (see attached screenshot customer_screen_01).

Note: You can set the 'ct_other_template' as 'copy' globally from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation settings, this way the right teplate will be automatically assigned to the translated post/page.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

3 - Make sure to clean any cache (browse cache, plugin cache, etc) before testing the changes. The attached screenshots (customer_screen_02 and customer_screen_03) show the results of my tests.

I've clicked to close the mentioned admin notice regarding the WPML Translation Management addon activation and disappeared properly, in your case if it persists even after closing it, review your cache settings or try to close this window using another browser or the browser incognito mode.

Please, let me know it helps, have a nice day.

customer_screen_03.png
customer_screen_02.png
customer_screen_01.png
May 8, 2020 at 6:48 pm #6090981

konstantinF

Hello Marcos,
Thank you for your time, but I still have same problems.

I made some changes to show the problem and ask a question again.

Step1:

Set the 'ct_other_template' as 'copy' globally from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation settings, this way the right template will be automatically assigned to the translated post/page.

Done and templates are being assigned automatically. That works but output still differs.

Fontpage:

Main = RU version + ENG translated via WPML's Translation Editor (hidden link)

In page edit template is set to Default:
en hidden link
ru hidden link

Results for logged in user is OK.

Results for !not logged in user is WRONG:
- ru hidden link is fine hidden link
- en hidden link is wrong as using Page_ru hidden link

and it's not a browser cache problem, I've checked it twice.

To check it ones again I've removed and made a new pair of pages: hidden link and set them as front page, all the same

May 12, 2020 at 5:44 pm #6115747

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details provided and sorry for the bif of waiting here. I reviewed your settings into details again and it seems I made some confusion in my previous reply, actually if you set the 'ct_other_template' custom field as 'copy' the translated page using a template will always show the template assigned to the default language page instead of the translated template, I set it as 'translate' gobally from your from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation settings, and it appears to be working properly at: hidden link. So, the 'copy' here is not a suitable option when you need to show a translated template.

The drawback of the translate custom field translation preference is the fact it needs to be manually assigned for translated post/page due a techinical limitation in the current WPML + Oxygen Builder workflow as explained here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/oxygen-visual-builder/#translating-oxygen-reusable-elements-templates

Hope it adds some more clarifications here, please, let me know if you need any other details, have a nice day.

May 12, 2020 at 6:29 pm #6116095

konstantinF

Marcos thanks a lot! Now it's clear but it's frustrating as I can't use such a workaround for client's sites. It's too complicated + needs to be eplained and done for every exact page 🙁 So if you have like 10-20 page, it's not a big deal but if you are going to post daily news etc... it's something complicated to be done...

I'll ask at Oxygen group about this, may be there is some plans for that also but as I know they are not going to make any changes in Oxy for external plugins and it seems more Great WPML role to find a decision 🙂

All the best,
Konstantin