Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 2, 2020 at 9:39 am

michelB-16

Oxygen template loading different content when logged in and not logged in users

July 2, 2020 at 11:33 am
July 5, 2020 at 10:18 am #6524059

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

We are currently testing the Oxygen builder compatibility and we found some issues.

One of those seem related to this problem.

It appears that translating Oxygen templates even with most of Oxygen's fields set to "Don't Translate" works.

The main issue is with the display conditions on the templates. Most users set a "main" template containing the header and footer of the site, then set it to "Catch All" so that it displays on all pages. This causes issues on translated pages and can cause weird effects if multiple templates are triggered on the same page. This setting also causes issues on pages where a template is selected directly on the Page Edit screen.

We are still investigating this problem. I will let you know, as soon as we have more information.

Kind regards,

Otto

July 6, 2020 at 10:25 am #6529157

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Our second tier support took a look at the problem.

And it may be a configuration problem.

The site is using a Re-usable Part inside of a Template which has been set to apply to Single, Custom Post Type = 'Brand Products'.

We checked and as far as we can tell, the Template is set on each Brand Product so the condition can be removed from the Template.

So, could you try unchecking the setting as shown in the screenshot on this page:
hidden link

You might need to remove it for every language, or at least update each translation of this template after un-checking that setting.

Let me know if this helps, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

image1593945984127.png
July 6, 2020 at 2:13 pm #6531117

michelB-16

Hi Otto,

Thanks for the response!

We tried your advice but unfortunately it didn't help.
When I uncheck the 'Brand products' the template is not working anymore because it isn't linked anymore so I don't think that will fix te problem.

The strange thing is when I edit something in de 'Brand products' template the changed are only visible when I'm logged in.
When I check the same page in a private tab in my browser I can't see the changes. This is basicly the main problem.

We tried everything (deleting the re-usable part or change it) but we simply can't see the changes.

We hope you guys can provide us a quick fix because the problem also excists on the live website (hidden link)

July 6, 2020 at 6:32 pm #6532929

Otto
Supporter

Thanks for trying and for the clarifications.

If it does not happen when you are logged in it may be a caching issue. As cache many times is not enabled for logged in users. May this be the case? Maybe at the server level? Can you check that with your hosting provider?

If not, we need to take a deeper look at the issue. And the first step to do so is to reproduce it in a clean install. Can you help us with that?

I created a fresh WP install with WPML active and configured. Can you please add the Oxygen builder and set up the scenario? There is not need to replicate your site, on the contrary we need to have just the minimum of elements required to see the issue.

You can access to the test site following this link (you will be logged in automatically):
hidden link

Thanks for your cooperation!

Kind regards,

Otto

July 6, 2020 at 6:37 pm #6532941

Otto
Supporter

Thanks for trying and for the clarifications.

If it does not happen when you are logged in it may be a caching issue. As cache many times is not enabled for logged in users. May this be the case? Maybe at the server level? Can you check that with your hosting provider?

If not, we need to take a deeper look at the issue. And the first step to do so is to reproduce it in a clean install. Can you help us with that?

I created a fresh WP install with WPML active and configured. Can you please add the Oxygen builder and set up the scenario? There is not need to replicate your site, on the contrary we need to have just the minimum of elements required to see the issue.

You can access to the test site following this link (you will be logged in automatically):
hidden link

Thanks for your cooperation!

Kind regards,

Otto

July 7, 2020 at 1:29 pm #6539513

michelB-16

Hi Otto,

Thanks again for the quick response!

We don't have caching on server level so I think that's not te problem.

However, reproducing the problem sounds like a good plan but when I'm trying to install the Oxygen plugin on the link you provide me there is an error appearing:
'There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.'

Im also not sure if I can setup the problem without copying the website because its happening on only one template.

error-new-link.PNG
July 7, 2020 at 5:26 pm #6541747

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Sure.

I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

** IMPORTANT **
- Please make a backup of site files and database before.

Kind regards,

Otto

July 8, 2020 at 6:58 am #6544981

michelB-16

Hello Otto,

No problem! I already installed the plugin for you.

Thanks in advance!

July 8, 2020 at 3:32 pm #6550257

Otto
Supporter

Thanks.

I am having troubles to reproduce the problem 🙁

I deployed your site locally and I get this warning:
Oxygen Error: Your shortcodes lack a valid signature - most likely because a migration has taken place. Please re-sign your shortcodes inside the WordPress admin panel, at Oxygen > Settings > Security.

When I do re-sign the shortcodes but nothing happens.

I created another test install in a different server to see if we can reproduce the issue from scratch there:
Please just install the Oxygen builder. Then I will install and configure WPML and from there we should be able to reproduce the minimal setup. Makes sense?

You can access to it with the same credentials you've provided in the first post of this thread.

Kind regards,

Otto

July 9, 2020 at 7:44 am #6554833

michelB-16

Hello Otto,

We had also problems with migrating the website a few weeks ago but in the end we did it successfull with Duplicator.

Where can I find the link to the website I have to install Oxygen? The link (sandbox link) you gave me a few posts ago is not working because I'm still getting an WordPress error.

July 13, 2020 at 10:53 am #6582693

michelB-16

Hello,

Is there a new link available for me so I can install Oxygen?
Thanks in advance!

July 13, 2020 at 5:30 pm #6586181

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bit of waiting here. I've created another test install so you can replicate the issue at: hidden link. It is one click login, clicking this URL will redirect you right to the WordPress Dashboard. Please, let me know if you need any other details and clarifications, have a nice day.

July 14, 2020 at 7:47 am #6589271

michelB-16

Hello,

I tried again to install the Oxygen plugin but again Im getting an error when I want to install the plugin. Can you please fix this? Im also not sure if I can replicate the issue because its happening on only one other template.

Thanks in advance!

error-14-7-2020.PNG