Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patagonialandU 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
February 23, 2018 at 2:41 pm #1527639

patagonialandU

I just went to the Menu "Packages" from WPML and I saw what you see in the attachments.

What does this mean?
What do I need to do about this?

site still in development - invisible.magaworks.com

February 23, 2018 at 6:21 pm #1527865

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

When you create a page using a page builder and this method:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

the strings of the page are stored in the String Translation table and are tied together as a translation package:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/string-package-translation/

There is nothing you should do or care about this. Sometimes, when something goes wrong it helps to delete the package corresponding to a page ID to start the translation again.

But, hopefully, you won't need it.

Let me know if my explanation was clear enough, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

February 23, 2018 at 6:42 pm #1527882

patagonialandU

You response is quite clear. The problem is I am having problems that buttons from the JS Composer did not get translated in xliff, nor their links, and Sync Link targets does not correct the link problem 🙁
I probably missed something in settings But I have not figured it out yet so this does not happen again.
This is starting to look too complex to translate thought xliff and visual composer. I have no idea what I did wrong when sending the files for translation.
What mis-configuration I have that only the buttons (an their links) and counter in JS Composer did not get translated.

- Should I leave these packages or delete them?

I am translating in the translation editor all the details that did not get translated, but first I need to update the original paga so that the elements missing appear in the translation management.
I probably did something wrong in the settings before exporting the xliffs.
But I have no idea what!
- Can ou help me figure this out?

February 23, 2018 at 7:00 pm #1527891

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
- Should I leave these packages or delete them?
Leave them, please. Do not delete them for now.

- Can you help me figure this out?
Yes, I will do my best 🙂

Visual Composer standard elements are integrated into the translation editor by a wpml-config.xml file. This file is loaded remotely.

Sometimes the theme or other plugins add custom VC elements, these elements need to be integrated into the editor following these steps:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/

Or they may be already integrated with another wpml-config.xml file provided by the theme or plugin author.

What may have happened is that the VC elements integration file was read after the translation was created. Then, the shortcodes weren't parsed and they didn't appear in the TE nor in the XLIFF file.

Then, the configuration file was read, maybe you rescanned the theme or the plugin, or it was updated automatically.

When this happens, what you are doing (updating the page) brings those elements to the editor.

If they are in the TE, they should be available to translate also in a new XLIFF file.

And, this should not happen again, as it seems that now are the VC elements (standard and custom ) are being recognized.

Makes sense?

Kind Regards,

Otto

February 23, 2018 at 7:10 pm #1527897

patagonialandU

Thanks for the great support. It makes sense now.
I though I did something wrong in the settings but I could not find what it was, and this clears it out.
Thanks 🙂