Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.08 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maikelK-3 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 14, 2021 at 5:11 pm #8537657

maikelK-3

We are trying to translate page content but it does not display in the translation editor.

April 14, 2021 at 6:07 pm #8537935

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

After saving the translation, when I go back and edit the original page and then edit the translation, I can now see the field content in both text and visual editors. So it looks like you need to mark the page as 100% translated, edit the original, and then this should resolve the issue of missing content.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

April 14, 2021 at 7:35 pm #8538753

maikelK-3

if you first click everywhere on 'text' and then everything saved and then come back then it works indeed. Still, I would rather see the text appear immediately without this action. Is this a known problem or do you have an idea how I can solve it?

For example on the research page you first need to click on all fields before you see the text in visual mode. It would be easier for the translators if it works directly.

Hope you can help me!

April 14, 2021 at 7:43 pm #8538755

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Did you try first completing the translation without clicking all of the text fields? Just set all to completed and save, then update the original and check the translation after that. There was a known issue with the visual tab in Firefox, but not in Chrome. When you did the last update, was it from a much older version of WPML? Had the pages already been in progress of translation when you updated?

April 17, 2021 at 12:47 pm #8561309

maikelK-3

HI Lauren, yes indeed it works when you complete the page and refresh. I never updated the translator because it is just new. Ofcourse this is a solution for now, but for my customer I want to see the translation directly. Maybe it will be fixed in the next update. Let's wait and I'll close the ticket for now.