Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Evan Zelezny-Green 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Evan Zelezny-Green.

Author Posts
January 18, 2021 at 12:39 pm #7868887

Stephanie

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Translate a page using the classic editor

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I have tried to deactivate plugins, and have also followed a number of instructions in various posts, but nothings seems to work. When I try to translate a page only the page title and the custom fields is available, the rest of the content is not there.

January 19, 2021 at 3:01 pm #7879015

Evan Zelezny-Green

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I will help you look into the problem.

To figure out what the issue might be, could you please give me more information about specifically which content is not showing up for you? How did you create this content (using a specific plugin for example)?

Could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Classic Translation Editor?

I see that you are using WordPress 5.6 and there is a known issue when using the Classic Translation Editor with WordPress 5.6. Please see the description and three possible workarounds:

https://wpml.org/errata/visual-tab-in-classic-translation-editor-is-not-showing-contents-after-update-to-wordpress-5-6/

I also see that you are using a Divi theme. Can you please confirm that you are following our instructions at the following link on how to work with WPML and the Divi theme?

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/

Let me know if these suggestions resolve the problem and if not, please send the screenshots so I can look further into it for you.

Kind regards,

Evan

January 19, 2021 at 4:37 pm #7879871

Stephanie

Hi Evan,

I tried all 3 methods. But nothing has changed. I also believe I have all the right settings for Divi.

January 20, 2021 at 8:15 am #7884289

Evan Zelezny-Green

Hi Stephanie,

If you could please send me some screenshots of the problem and let me know specifically what sort of content is not appearing in the editor, I would be happy to look deeper into this to help you resolve the problem. Here are some specific questions:

1. Are you having this problem when you are trying to translate a certain post type?
(pages, posts, custom post type, or maybe a global Divi element.)

2. Can you please describe the translation process that you are taking?

3. I can see that you are using a child theme for Divi. Is the parent Divi theme updated to its latest version?

4. Can you please tell me if the child theme you are using is adding any Divi custom elements?

January 23, 2021 at 12:30 am #7909647

Stephanie

1. I'm having this problem translating all pages.

2. I go to pages and then I click on either the plus sign, the pencil or the circle with arrows

3. The parent theme for Divi is up to date

4. I have custom css in the child theme, but nothing really very exceptional. When I switch to the Parent Divi Theme the problem is still there. And even when I switch to WordPress Twenty Twenty Theme the problem is still there.

As you can see in my screenshot, when I try to translate the homepage I only have the possibility to translate the title and the custom fields, but not the content.

January 23, 2021 at 10:13 am #7911493

Evan Zelezny-Green

Hello @stephanie,

Can I ask how you are creating the content that you are trying to translate? If it is built using Divi, we actually have a tutorial about how to use WPML with Divi. Please try using this:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/

If the contents are not created using Divi, please let me know exactly how you created the contents so we can figure out where they are stored.

Kind regards,
Evan

January 23, 2021 at 12:50 pm #7912165

Stephanie

Hi Evan,

Yes I use the divi builder to create the content on a page. After that I go to Pages and click on the plus sign for each language. The translations open, but the content is not there. I have more than 25 other sites which use Divi and WPML and (most) of them work. I had this problem in the past but I can't recall how it was solved.

kind regards,
Stephanie

January 23, 2021 at 5:24 pm #7912935

Evan Zelezny-Green

Hi Stephanie,

To better understand your problem, I would like to access your site and see what’s going on. Would you be willing to provide me with a temporary WordPress admin username so I can investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Kind regards,
Evan

January 27, 2021 at 10:22 am #7939093

Evan Zelezny-Green

Hi Stephanie,

I have some good news and some bad:

I figured out how you can translate the elements on your page that you were not able to translate before:

1. Start on the Dutch page and go to all the Divi elements on the page, click on the three dots, and then choose “Save to Library”, give it a name and click the button “Save to Library”.

2. Duplicate the page to the target language.

3. Go to Divi->Divi Library. The items are all listed there and you can click the language to translate them to.

HOWEVER…

There is something wrong going on, the shortcodes are not being stripped from the content to translate. I tried to replicate the problem on another site using the Divi theme with the same settings and was not able to.

I suspect that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin that might cause this problem. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like Twentytwenty-one and no plugins activated except WPML.

First, you will need to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to Twentytwenty-one (for example). If it persists, then deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist so start by activating the Divi theme and then the child theme, followed by the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site, you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Kind regards,
Evan

The topic ‘[Closed] Page contents nog visible for translation in editor’ is closed to new replies.