Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I found out that the Chinese translation is not showing up. Strangely when you logged into the site then you can view the page with the translation.

Solution (client confirmed): "The issue is with Autoptimize and Async JavaScript plugins. When I disable them then the site works."

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tonyD-4 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 17, 2019 at 9:10 pm #4961147

tonyD-4

I found out that the Chinese translation is not showing up. Strangely when you logged into the site then you can view the page with the translation.

Site link: hidden link

November 17, 2019 at 9:44 pm #4961189

tonyD-4

The issue is with Autoptimize and Async JavaScript plugins. When I disable them then the site works.

November 18, 2019 at 4:07 pm #4966737

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I am happy to see that you found a workaround.

My guess is that there might be an incompatibility happening between those plugins and the current theme or WPML.

Would you like to try to reproduce the issue by installing the same plugins (WPML plugins, Autoptimize+Async Javascript)+theme (the one you are using) on one of our test servers so that, if the issue happens on our servers, too, I can send it to our Compatibility department or you are good for the moment with the workaround that you found?

Please let me know.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 18, 2019 at 8:26 pm #4967637

tonyD-4

I am happy with the workaround for now.

November 19, 2019 at 5:59 pm #4975007

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

That's great.

Can you please mark this current ticket as resolved, too?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 19, 2019 at 8:10 pm #4975621

tonyD-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!