Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 5:05 pm #4285325

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Please check the admin priveleges for the superwpml account you had provided before. right now - I can connect to your dashboard but I cannot see pages/posts...or anything I need to access.

July 25, 2019 at 7:45 pm #4285765

robertR-45

Hi Yvette,

Apologies, have it set to full admin privileges now - thank you.

All the best,
Rob

July 26, 2019 at 9:43 am #4288731

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I visited the page you mentioned.

From the backend, I could see that a translation job was "in progress", so I opened the translation editor and completed the pending boxes by appending a "(ES)" , marking the translation box as "complete" and then "Save and close" the whole job.

The result is that the changes are reflected on the frontend. (see image)

WHat part of the page are you having problems with in particular?

July 26, 2019 at 11:07 am #4289291

robertR-45

Hi Yvette,

Thanks for that and we can now edit the Spanish version for that page which is great. However, the formatting of the page has now changed and doesn't look like it should. I have attached screenshots which show how the Spanish version looks - it should look like the English version: hidden link.

We will get the Spanish translations added in now via the translation editor but can the page layout/format be amended so it mirrors the English page?

Many thanks for all the support here, do appreciate it.

All the best,
Rob

July 26, 2019 at 12:46 pm #4289687

Yvette
Supporter

Oh---- I remember this now. I think we established that this page, to keep the format, can only be translated using the native wordpress editor.

Do you remember this?

In this case, I would do the following steps:

- remove the translated page (sorry but you will have to recreate the translations). Alternatively, you can just unlink the page from the original source page. This way you can keep a reference to your translations.

- Then create a new translation of your page by creating a WPML Duplicate.

- Enter the editor for the original page and in the sidebar toggle the WordPress editor "OFF". Apply this to the page only.

- Then select to edit the translated page and translate the various texts.

Can you try this? For some reason, the required page settings/css (or whatever is formatting the page parts) is not being dragged over to the translation when you use the Translation Editor.

July 31, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4315363

robertR-45

Hi Yvette,

Thanks for the mail and info and sorry for the delay in replying to you - was out of the office for the last few days.

So, we're currently trying to get it working and think we are nearly there, once we have all translations in place and try update the menu to link to the new Spanish version of the page will follow up - hopefully won't have any more questions for you.

And, once again, many thanks for the support here - top notch.

All the best,
Rob

August 1, 2019 at 11:34 am #4321179

Yvette
Supporter

ok

August 5, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4341591
robertR-45

Hi Yvette,

Hope you're keeping well and just following up now as we've been able to get all the translations completed.

There is only one final issue remaining to do with the syncing of the menus that I hope you can help us resolve.

The issue is to do with the TullyFiesta page;
hidden link
- when you are on it it is not possible to use the translation button to go to the English version of the page.

Similarly, when on the English version of the page you can't get to the Spanish version using the Translate button:
hidden link

If you are on any other page in any other language, eg, Boda Page;
hidden link
- then the link the in Nav Menu is correct to the /tullyfiesta page.

The issue just seems to be when on the /tullyfest or /tullfiesta page that you can't switch between the languages.

Hope the above makes sense and can be resolved but if you need any more info just let me know.

All the best,
Rob

New threads created by Yvette and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-i-cant-switch-between-the-languages-on-a-page/

August 5, 2019 at 4:23 pm #4341977

Yvette
Supporter

Since we have resolved the original issue, I am splitting your new request into a new ticket as our policy is to keep our forum threads limited to a single topic.

So we can continue working on the new ticket and close this one.