Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.25 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tushar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
March 1, 2019 at 8:10 pm #3263124

Tushar

I am trying to: Have the original wordpress url redirect to the page links to url specified.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Redirect to hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

Is there a known conflict between these two plugins? It mostly works in that the post links to the correct extenral url from the blog, but the original URL redirect is broken when WPML is active.

March 4, 2019 at 1:40 pm #3268984

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

When it comes to plugins compatibility, we are working with the authors that reach us to make our plugins compatible. You can find here a list of all the plugins that are fully compatible with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

As you can see, this Page Links To plugin is not a part of this list so there might be a few compatibility issues with it. However, I can see that you need to make a few redirects. Since you already use the Yoast SEO plugin, you can try to do the same thing (as you do with Page Links to) by following the steps presented in this article: hidden link The last part of the article, Redirect Outside of your WordPress site, is the one that's what you want to do. Please give this a try and tell me how it works.

Regards,
Radu

March 11, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3313877

Tushar

We don't have Yoast SEO premium, but we do have redirection plugin so I used that and removed the page links to redirect.

It'd be great if these two plugins could work together in the future.