Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
January 22, 2021 at 8:10 pm #7909007

mark@ets-riskmanagement.com

hidden link has reverted back to English. I talked to our translation guy and he informs me it was translated correctly around the 13th of Jan. Only today did my translations report show it was displaying in English. Any idea why this issue occurred?

January 23, 2021 at 10:49 am #7911567

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello there!

In our timeline i can see the link you mention as translated 3 times (which means that you had tried to translate it 3 times).

2 were 100% translated and the last one instead is shown as "in progress" with 81%.

The label in each of the segments however tell me that they are being translated from a source that is not a most standard one (like say, gutenberg, elementor, WP Bakery, Divi, AVADA etc).

But by reading the XLIFF File i can actually see the translation there and i can also gather the content comes from Avada.

I'm asking our developers about this but they might not be able to give me an answer before monday.

I'll leave this ticket open in the meantime and will update you as soon as i get an answer from our ATE developers.

Regards.

January 23, 2021 at 11:20 am #7911635

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

I took a look at the ORIGINAL content instead and turs out the translations were different.

Some had colons instead of commas, some had new text in between the paragraphs, some had instead totally new content, so that's why you're not seeing it 100% completed, because it's actually not 100% completed.

Here's a video where i show you some of them: loom.com/share/fb9bd3a3c6d242c087f5cf4de9f009ba?from_recorder=1&recording_limit=1

they were indeed very difficult to spot at first because you need to actually read every single line of the old against the new text to understand what happened and that was not something you could've done UNLESS you took a look at the revisions of that page, where WordPress would actually spot the differences for you.

Regards.