This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 24, 2018 at 7:40 pm

juliaI-2

I am trying to:
have the pages shown in English and German.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link --- on this link the English flag on the right hand corner is also not showing

On these links the English version isn't showing:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

On this link the content of the post is shown but it should show a window of the post so you have to click on it. Like you can see on the Home page. hidden link

I expected to see:

1. hidden link
2. hidden link
3. hidden link but for 48 hours
4. hidden link

Instead, I got:

1. hidden link
2. hidden link
3. hidden link
4. hidden link

I opened a ticket before on this issue and did everything accordingly to what I was advised.
Now I have an additional problem. I was supposed to remove a plug in and install another one. Now the following is showing up: Browsed By Category: 12 Stunden Layover
I don't want to have this shown.

hidden link

the old ticket number is #1582567 but it's in German. I would like to continue in English though

The screentshot is of the FTP information

September 26, 2018 at 3:14 am #2765880

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

I followed the steps below and it looks like the categories are showing correctly:

- WPML > Support > Troubleshooting:
-- Clear the cache in WPML
-- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
-- Fix element_type collation
-- Set language information
-- Fix post type assignment for translations

About the first category, this does not seem to be translated. I'll attach an image for you to see. Please, could you translate the category and check if the content will be displayed correctly?

Also, in the default language, this is not being displayed also because it has no post. I'll attach an image for you to see.

>>> Now I have an additional problem. I was supposed to remove a plug in and install another one. Now the following is showing up: Browsed By Category: 12 Stunden Layover
I don't want to have this shown.

This is defined within your theme, in the file nisarg/archive.php on line 15 and 16. If you do not want this to appear, you should remove it directly from your theme.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.