This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by sarah.n 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
June 3, 2014 at 11:16 am #412097

patrykK

After updating both the Multilingual and String Translation plugins to the latest versions the Post pages for the German version of the Presse pages are producing a Page not Found.

If i deactivate the String Translation plugin the url's revert to English and the pages are fine.

The slug hasn't changed and i've tried resaving the permalinks without any success.

You help would be greatly appreciated.

June 3, 2014 at 1:08 pm #412178

Denise

Hallo,

I'll help you figure this out. I just have a few questions.

- Did you use the Installer to update your plugins or did you update manually?
- What WPML versions were you updating rom?
- Did you rescan your strings after update?
- Is this happening with a custom post?

Thanks,
Denise

June 3, 2014 at 2:08 pm #412234

patrykK

Hi Denise,

Thanks for your quick response.

In answer to your questions:

- Installed manually.

- String Translation Version: 1.8.2 & Multilingual CMS Version: 2.9.2

- Rescanning of the strings worked for my testing environment but not for live site.

- Yep this is for all custom posts.

June 3, 2014 at 2:51 pm #412283

Denise

Hi,

Can you please install the latest versions of WPML and String Translations? You can find them here: http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/

This may not necessarily resolve your problem however, in order to troubleshoot the issue best we need to work on the latest code available.

Please let me know if you are having this issue after installing the new versions, checking the settings and rescanning the strings.

Thanks,
Denise

June 3, 2014 at 3:38 pm #412344

patrykK

I have the latest versions installed. The ones mentioned above were the versions i updated from.

June 4, 2014 at 8:34 am #412792

Denise

Good Morning,

Please go to WPML - Language Options - Custom posts slug translation options (section) or WPML - Translation Management - Multilingual Content Setup - Custom posts slug translation options (section) if you have the WPML Translation Management module. Select "Translate custom posts slugs (via WPML String Translation)." and save. Please check your custom post strings in WPML - String Translations. Please go to WP Dashboard - Settings Permalinks and resave you permalink settings.

Let me know if you still have the issue afterwards.

Thanks,
Denise

June 4, 2014 at 8:56 am #412809

patrykK

Morning,

Yep unfortunately i still have the issue.

June 4, 2014 at 11:38 am #413012

Denise

Hi,

In order to investigate this further, I need temporary access to your site via wp-admin and ftp. Please enter your access details under the disclaimer below.

Thanks,
Denise

June 4, 2014 at 4:06 pm #413252

patrykK

Sent

June 5, 2014 at 7:31 am #413544

Denise

Good Morning,

I solved the issue and the site is no longer experiencing this problem. I am currently able to see all Presse pages.

The problem was in Language Options (Übersetzungsoptionen) - Custom Posts (Benutzerdefinierte Beiträge) section, you had the "Different slugs for different languages" option checked but the all of the subsequent fields were blank meaning the slugs were not designated. Your English slugs are already in German. Unchecking this option solved the problem and now your German Presse pages are visible in the front end.

Thanks,
Denise

June 5, 2014 at 8:40 am #413601

patrykK

Morning,

Thank you for your help.

The fix didn't work for the English version so i resaved the permalinks - this fixed the English version, but now the German is not working again.

June 5, 2014 at 9:28 am #413653

Denise

Hey,

Everything is working now. I fixed the problem by resetting the Language URL Format. I did the following:
- Go to WPML - Language Options - Language URL Format
- Select Language as Parameter
- Save
- Select Languages in Folder
- Save

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Denise

June 5, 2014 at 10:49 am #413719

patrykK

It's fine for German but i'm still getting 404 for English version.

June 5, 2014 at 12:20 pm #413813

Denise

Hi,

I am still seeing everything OK. I've attached some screenshots.

Please make sure that you clear your browser cache and re-access the page. It seems that you only have 3 English translations for Press pages. Are you trying to access English versions of Presse pages that have no English translation?

Since you currently do not have the language switcher shown on the front-end of your site, the way that I access the English pages is:
- Go to WP Dashboard - Presse
- Edit an English translation of a page by clicking on the pencil icon
- Click on "Pressemitteilung anzeigen"
The English pages appear as shown in the screenshots..

Thanks,
Denise

June 5, 2014 at 1:17 pm #413864

patrykK

I've cleared my cache several times.

Yep 3 translations is correct - Not all pages are required to be translated.

In answer to your question, I'm not trying to access English versions of pages that haven't been translated.

Whenever i click on "View Press Release" for all English pages i'm still getting the 404.

The screenshot you provided of the English page has the German slug. This is not what i want - it needs to be "company/press" for English and "unternehmen/presse" for German (just like it was before i updated the plugin)