This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
April 26, 2018 at 10:36 am #1832401

nadegeP

Hello,
One week ago I translate all my website and everything was working. I have 2 languages : french (default language) and english. My menu is made with "categories". The "Home" in both language is working well, I see all my posts in english and french when I switch the language.
My problem is when I am going to the category. In my default language (french) it is sometimes working, and sometimes I get the "Page not found" message. When I refresh the "permalimks", then it is working. My problem is then with the english languages. No matter, what I do or refresh on the permalinks, I always get the "Page not found".

Can you help me with that?

Thank you in advance,
Nadège

April 27, 2018 at 4:14 pm #1865196

Ricardo Alday

Hi Nadège,

Thanks for contacting support.
Can you check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Let me know what you find out.

Best regards,
Ricardo

April 28, 2018 at 10:43 am #1874899

nadegeP

Hello,
First of all thank you for your support.
This morning when I open my website I had written in red in my dashboard : WPML could not load configuration files, which your sites needs. (see screen shot).
When I get to detailed error log, I have the second screen shot. Perhaps it has a link with my problem.

But I also did what you ask me :
-Changing the Theme didn’t change the problem
-I desactivate all my plugin, and this time the problem was different : instead of having « Page not found » when I was clicking on the menu category, I get the « home ».
So I activate one by one the plugin as you ask. When I activate the « Yoast SEO », the problem came again with the « Page not found ».
So I let it desactivate.
In this case, everything is working except for one category, and what happen is really strange. When I click on this category in english, then I get « Page non trouvee » and all of the sudden my menu appear in french also. So I erase this category, and try again : everything work fine.
But I need this category, so I try again, changing the name of the category with « Tips ». It is working. But back to « Travel Tips », it didn’t work…I must say I am a little bit lost. I was thinking perhaps it don’t like the space, but I have another category with a space between words, and it is working.

What should I do with the Yoast SEO? How can it work with WPML?
And what can I do with the category that still show « Page non trouvee »?

Thank you for your support, I appreciate it,

Nadege

April 30, 2018 at 2:29 pm #1899216

Ricardo Alday

The errors in your screenshot may not be related to your original question but let's try to fix that too. The errors occurred were fixed in the latest version of WPML but your server must be running cURL 7.34 or later. You can read more information about that specific issue here: https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-could-not-load-configuration-files-which-your-site-needs/

Contact your hosting service and ask them to update the cURL extension to 7.34.0.

Let me know what you find out. Then we can go back to your original issue.

May 6, 2018 at 12:50 pm #1997933

nadegeP

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for your reply. I look my server version, and it is running a cURL 7.52 already (see screenshot-my cURL version).
Furthermore the error detailed on your website is the number cURL error 35 (see screenshot from your website), and my one is the number 28.
Today I get another error : cURL error 6 (see other screenshot)

Concerning my problem with Yoast SEO, I get the same issue : when I activate this plugin, I get « Page not found » on my english articles. I see on different support tickets this same problem, but it is from 2016, so I guess you have now find a solution for it. Can you help me with that?

Thank you very much,
Nadege

May 7, 2018 at 2:48 pm #2014789

Ricardo Alday

This is probably a hosting problem, maybe a firewall on the server?
To further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Ricardo

The topic ‘[Closed] Page not found for category’ is closed to new replies.