This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 7, 2019 at 5:34 am #4528549

edmundS-2

I am trying to: We set "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" option for a post-type artist.
we also try "Translatable - only show translated items" option, in this case, redirection works fine but while trying to get the list of all artist in Spanish version it displays only Spanish version pages not displaying English pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Spanish version link - hidden link

English version link - hidden link

I expected to see: This link should redirect to default language because the Spanish version of this page is not created.

Instead, I got: URL not redirecting on default language page(English).

September 9, 2019 at 12:37 am #4532661

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Edmund,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Have you made any changes on this in the meantime? I'm asking this because now if I access the Spanish link I get redirected to the English version. This seems to be the behavior that you're looking for and I want to see if you managed to sort this out.

Thanks,
Radu

September 9, 2019 at 5:42 am #4533707

edmundS-2

Hi Radu,

Please try once more.
I need to if translated pages not found then redirect default language. and I need to display default language Artist(custom post type) when translated is not found.

like: This screen shot is default language 'hidden link' artist(custom post type) list > hidden link
I appreciated you to

Thanks,

September 10, 2019 at 10:49 am #4544319

Radu
Supporter

Hey Edmund,

As I understand from your message, when a post-type artist doesn't have a translation, you'd like to make the archive of artists appear, am I right? I just want to make sure that I understand exactly what you'd like to do.

Also, could you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a quick look at the artists and see which one are not translated and what settings are you using, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 11, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4553305

Radu
Supporter

Hey Edmund,

Thank you for your description from the last message. It was really helpful so I can understand exactly what you'd like to do. Basically, you'd like to find a "middle ground" between these two options. Unfortunately, what you're looking for cannot be done. I mean, once the Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language, the users will have the chance of changing the language even on artists that don't have a translation. This is the is the way that the option works.

I tried to look for tricks or changes that might help you with this kind of change but I couldn't find anything to do the job. You will have to choose one of these two translation options.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Page not redirecting on default language page when translated page not available’ is closed to new replies.