This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 1, 2019 at 8:06 am #3716765

alexK-12

The problem is that after using WMPL for a while, for some reason it has starter functioning funny.
1) Firstly, the main menues on the home page have dissapared. Example:
a) Home page:
b) ANy other page:
2) Secondly, for some reason, all the static pages (not blog page) keep redirecting to a shop page.

Help please. Is it a permalink issue?

May 1, 2019 at 8:13 am #3716769

alexK-12

hi, it is an issue with all the sites. I know it is a WMPL issue as it dissapers when I deactivte WMPL.

May 1, 2019 at 8:20 am #3716857

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm not sure why but you were disconnected from the chat. So let's continue here on a regular ticket.

Could you please tell me where and how I can see the problem on your site?
Please send me the link and some screenshots if possible.
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 1, 2019 at 8:31 am #3716923

alexK-12

Hi!

If you go on the site laterna.ee you can see it.
Go to home page: hidden link you will see no menu bar (pic 1)
Go to any other page: hidden link yyou will see the menu bar (pic 2). However, it should be ( as the name tells you) a contact page (the source on the page edit page is from the contact page- pic 3). But for some reason it redirects to a shop page template.

May 1, 2019 at 3:47 pm #3718815

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Currently, I can see the problem that you show on the screenshot (pic 2) only for this page.
hidden link. I do not see it on any other page. Please correct the following and check if it helps to solve the issue.

1. It seems that there is some kind of HTTP/HTTPS configuration issue. By looking at the debug info, I can see the following.
SiteURL hidden link
HomeURL hidden link
Those are the settings in Settings -> General.
If you have a valid SSL certificate, then both of the URL values need to be HTTPS.
Could you please correct this and check if it helps?
Please note that you would also need to go to Settings -> Permalinks and re-save the permalinks of your site.

2. Update WordPress to its latest version.

3. Also, by looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server is running an older version of MySQL and also your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above.
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform those procedures and see if they help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 1, 2019 at 6:45 pm #3719409

alexK-12

Hi,

I did all those things, accept updateing MySQL version, and it didnt help.
The page was working fine two days ago (in three languages).
what might be the reason for the page redirection?

regards,
Alex

May 2, 2019 at 10:58 am #3723955

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Alex and thanks for trying my suggestions.

I want to check things on our test server where I can debug the issue without the risk of breaking your live site. For this, I've created a site on our test server, and you can migrate your site there. The process is quite easy. Please see all the details in the following private message that I'll add in a couple of minutes.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 2, 2019 at 5:28 pm #3727727

alexK-12

Hi,
I did all that, however it shows me that migation has failed. I've tried numberous times.
I can see that the migrated site is there, however it does not have the language selecton.
Is it any help or do we need to try again?

May 5, 2019 at 10:15 am #3742373

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Alex.

The migration of your site did work although it might be possible that something went wrong in the migration process. I can access the copy of your site on our server, and I can see that WPML is not set up. Please see the attached screenshot. I'm not sure whether it is a problem that happened in the migration process or maybe it is like that on your site.
Could you please tell me what the situation on your site is?

In needed, please also let me have access to your site so I can check things.
If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 7, 2019 at 8:56 pm #3761961

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

First I would like to bring up the following issue. In the begging, you wrote: "The problem is that after using WMPL for a while, for some reason it has starter functioning funny." And then you describe the problems. I can see that on your site many plugins and your theme are not updated. It seems that they have not been updated for a long time. WPML and its add-ons are updated on your site. But I want to ask whether all the problem has started after that you updated WPML and its add-ons? If so, then can you please tell me which was the version of WPML before you updated it? For your information, many problems can occur if plugins are not updated for a long time.

Now about the menu issue. I can see that the active menu is Menu_2. This menu was created in the English language and has no translation into Estonian and Russian. Please see the attached screenshot. This explains why when WPML is deactivated no menu shows. It happens because Estonian is the default language of the site and the menu, because of its associated English language, disappears when WPML is deactivated.
Have you switched the language of the menu?
Or maybe the other possibility is that you have switched the default language of the site from English into Estonian?

Please let me know so I could have a better image of the situation.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 8, 2019 at 8:28 am #3764561

alexK-12

Hi,

1) As it did not occur immediately after the version update, I dont see any connection between these things. The main question for me is, why isnt the current redirection taking place, when the plugin is turned off?
2) Sorry, I created a new menu just to see how the site would react and forgot to change it back. I have now changed it back to the orignial main menu.

Regards,
Alex

May 9, 2019 at 7:50 pm #3779135

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Alex.

I've just tried to access your site to continue to check the issue, but I was not able to access it. I've received the following message.

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Could you please correct this and let me know when it is fixed so I can continue?
Alternatively, you can also try to migrate your site to our test server again. This time, please migrate the site while all the plugins are deactivated. Maybe this way the migration will work successfully.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Page redirects every page to a shop page/Main menue on the home page has dissapa’ is closed to new replies.