This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 9:30 pm #3738065

peterD-62

I am trying to: I'm using the Astra theme with Elementor, I have everything configured and some content in the page. The page in question is not built with Elementor.

The English version of the page is displaying correctly, but when switching languages, it isn't honoring the setting I chose in the Astra settings for the page. I have it set to "boxed" and the English page is displaying correctly, but the Chinese page is defaulting to a wide, stretched layout.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: A boxed layout

Instead, I got: Wide layout with no margins

May 4, 2019 at 9:53 am #3739789

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Could you try to duplicate the page to Chinese first and then translate it independently? Do you manage to retain the correct layout this way?

May 7, 2019 at 3:31 pm #3759793

peterD-62

Laura, thanks for reaching out, I haven't had time to test this out based on your suggestion. Don't close this ticket yet and I will see what kind of mileage I get when I get a chance over the next several days.

I will be back in touch after I've had a chance to test that.

May 8, 2019 at 9:16 am #3764909

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

tickets are closed automatically after a certain period if you still need help you can reopen it by 12 hours, or open a new one.