This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 31, 2019 at 11:27 am #3147595

sorenN-5

Hello,

I am building a website that consist of 5 languages:
- Danish (original)
- English
- Norwegian
- German
- Swiss German (Switzerland)

When translating Pages to "Swiss German" I would like to copy the text from the German-version instead of the default Danish Page. Is it possible to choose between different languages as a base of copy?

I don't want to change my default/original language from Danish. But however, when translation

January 31, 2019 at 2:58 pm #3148431

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From my tests, you can simply change the language in the WordPress dashboard (from the top flags) to German-version, then go to Pages and click "+" on the language column that you want to translate it to.

When you do that, it should set the German-version of that page as language-parent/default and the new one you are creating should allow you to get the german-version content from the left side and paste it on the right side on the language that you selected that you want to translate in.

Please let me know if you understand what I mean and if that worked for you. I just tested with the latest version of WPML and it worked for me.

I will be waiting for your response. 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei