This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 10, 2018 at 4:05 am

Ryan Collette

I am trying to: When updating a page and adding new fields, The page translation fields are not updating and the new shortcodes added are not creating new fields. The only solution I found is creating new pages and switching them but this is very cumbersome. I also tried assigning a job. But when I when back to edit. The new fields are not showing. On my test of copy pasting into new pages, they work. Mainly the testimonial pages. We are using a shortcode minti_testimonial - and a few others. We would like to not have to create the pages again and have the software work and update the fields.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
In backend of - hidden link translation - Those fields we see if we create the page from scratch are showing. There is just lots of pages and we do not want to recreate them.
I expected to see:

Instead, I got: This without all the fields -
hidden link

May 10, 2018 at 10:57 pm #2080355

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

After you save all the translation fields and select them as "Translate is complete", updating the default page, does the problem persist?

The step by step should be:

- Click to edit the translation
- Translate this page and select the "Translate is complete" checkbox
- Click on the "Save & Close" button
- Edit the original page and click on the "Update" button
- Have new fields been shown for translation?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Page Translation Fields not updating/showing after new fields are added,’ is closed to new replies.