This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 2:46 pm #4526079

jesseM-9

Hi Marcel,

Thank you so much! It actually works now and looks very good. I'm happy! Although you're not done with me yet, haha. I have a few questions left:

1. We would like to have the 'triggre.com' link to exist without being a destination, but the link should automatically refer to either triggre.com/en/ or triggre.com/nl/. How do I make this work in the settings at 'Language URL format' in WPML?

2. If you're on a Dutch page, is it possible to have a Dutch top and footer menu as well? And if so, where can I change that?

3. If I'd like to only change the pictures, forms or ARPrice templates in the Dutch version, is there an option to do that? For example, on the Tour page the images should have Dutch text on the Dutch page or on the Pricing page, the pricing template should be in Dutch in the Dutch version.

4. On the Home page and Solutions page there is a block with 'Customer success'. On the Dutch versions, the images dissappear. Do you know why?

Thanks again for the great support!

Julia

September 6, 2019 at 4:36 pm #4526731

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Julia,

1. We would like to have the 'triggre.com' link to exist without being a destination, but the link should automatically refer to either triggre.com/en/ or triggre.com/nl/. How do I make this work in the settings at 'Language URL format' in WPML?

->Remove on WPML -> Languages -> Language URL format the checkbox "Use directory for default language" this will open always .com in Default language istead of .com/en.

Please be aware that this can destroy your SEO rankings, so don't forget to plan the 301 Redirects.

2. If you're on a Dutch page, is it possible to have a Dutch top and footer menu as well? And if so, where can I change that?

-> Yes, you can open your Enfold settings and click on the "Dutch" language to control these settings. If you wish to change the Footer you can go to "Appearance" -> Widgets and choose in the dropdown the language of the Widget. So you can create 1 Widget in English AND Dutch.

3. If I'd like to only change the pictures, forms or ARPrice templates in the Dutch version, is there an option to do that? For example, on the Tour page, the images should have Dutch text on the Dutch page or on the Pricing page, the pricing template should be in Dutch in the Dutch version.

-> Yes, WPML Media Translation Add-On can help you here: WPML -> Media Translation. https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

4. On the Home page and Solutions page there is a block with 'Customer success'. On the Dutch versions, the images dissappear. Do you know why?

-> I tried to change one image, not It's loading the same image for all placeholders. Can you please try to recreate this element?

Best Marcel

September 9, 2019 at 7:45 am #4534131

jesseM-9

Hi Marcel,

Julia here. Thank you for answering - I'll look into it today or tomorrow.

September 9, 2019 at 7:55 am #4534219

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Julia,

sure, thanks for the info 🙂

Best Marcel

September 11, 2019 at 10:03 am #4552381

jesseM-9

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for waiting. We have fixed item 1 and 2 and I'm now looking into the Media Translation part. If I understand correctly, this is the process:

1. Send a page for translation under Translations
2. Replace the ENG media with the NL media and change their meta text
3. Finish and the images will be replaced on the Dutch page

I have one question. I already have finished all my Translation Jobs and the page content (ex images) is finished. Can I just send a page for a Translation Job again to replace the images as well? Will the content be lost, that is already translated?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Julia

September 12, 2019 at 11:39 am #4560641

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Julia,

yes, the process is correct and yes, can resend the job.
The content will be not lost during this process.

It's like if you update an element from your page builder, everything will update only the affected component. To be 100% sure about changes, please create a backup before (if for example, the Page Builder cause a problem.)

Best Marcel

September 16, 2019 at 1:10 pm #4580459

jesseM-9

Hi Marcel,

Thank you, good to know. I have fixed almost all things but will ook into the last details on Wednesday and update you at that point.

Another question about our previous issue: will the Endfold theme now be updated automatically? Since that was the issue in the first place? Or do we have to do it manually?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Julia

September 16, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4580613

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Julia,

As far as I remember I changed the Enfold update name only in my test environment, so you need to update Enfold manually. The access credentials are already automatically removed on your support ticket, so I can't check now in detail.

Best Marcel

September 16, 2019 at 1:38 pm #4580859

jesseM-9

Hi Marcel,

Thank you. Is it an idea to give you access again so you can check in detail and otherwise let me know how I can exactly update the theme manually?

Julia

September 16, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4581235

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Julia,

#1 Please create a full site backup before, as you can lose all custom changes during this process.

#2 open the style.css from your Parent Theme and change the textdomain back to “enfold”
#3 Do the same for your Parent Theme folder name

If you are not sure about it, please consult the Enfold support first or hire a certified developer for this change: https://wpml.org/contractors/

Best Marcel

September 18, 2019 at 9:06 am #4594101

jesseM-9

Hi Marcel,

Thanks. I'm afraid I'm still stuck on translating the images. If I open Media Translation and I find the right image, click on 'Edit Dutch translation', then replace the image and the text and click on 'Save media translation', I feel like I have followed the right steps but the images do not change on the Dutch version. I have tried with different images.

If I send a page for translation and open it in Translations, I can only change the text and not replace the actual image. Maybe my Settings are wrong or I'm overlooking something, but can you please let me know how to deal with this?

It is one of the last things holding us back from publishing our Dutch version.

Julia

September 18, 2019 at 9:14 am #4594229

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Julia,

I would need to request temporary access again (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

Best Marcel

September 19, 2019 at 9:35 am #4603071

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Julia,

Could you please post me an example in English and Dutch? Please include English and Dutch filename. Let's say for the /tour page?

Thanks

September 19, 2019 at 10:35 am #4603585

jesseM-9

Hi Marcel,

For sure. I have added the first image that is on the Tour page, the one on the top. I have added an English and a Dutch version.

Julia

September 23, 2019 at 9:50 am #4622089

jesseM-9

Hi Marcel,

Do you have any idea what is going on already?

Julia