This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by abeyM 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 25, 2020 at 12:19 am #6205951

abeyM

I installed the WPML plugins and all my posts and many other pages disappear I can't find them both in the back and front when I disable the plugins everything comes back.

website
Addissouq.com

May 25, 2020 at 8:04 pm #6213589

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please try the following:
- Enable WPML
- Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting
- Click on "Set language information"

Please let us know if it worked for you.

PS: To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE:
Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

May 25, 2020 at 11:11 pm #6214013

abeyM

I followed the instruction but there is no change. I have provided the debug information.
Thanks

May 26, 2020 at 12:46 am #6214115

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Thank you for contacting us. I noticed that you are using a cache plugin. Have you tried to clear your site's cache to test? If so, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

May 27, 2020 at 12:03 am #6223791

abeyM

Hi, as I am using a cache plugin I am always making sure I clear the site's cache after any change.

The second thing I did was to disable all plugins except all WPML plugins and the two must-have plugins which are WPBakery Page Builder SB Framework which is essential for the proper theme functionality. since I didn't see any change I started to remove all the WPML plugins but even that didn't solve the problem.

The problem goes away only when I deactivate WPML Multilingual CMS.

Note: in the image, you can see I am getting an unregister version message that's because I am doing this test on local machine using Bitnami but results are the same even on the main site.

I am not sure why is this happening because I am sure my theme is WPML ready.

Thanks

May 27, 2020 at 12:42 am #6223887

abeyM

Hi,

I just wanted to add one more thing. the first time I installed the plugin it showed me an error messed (check the image). I contact my host but they said it's not possible to update my libxml version as I was on a shared plan. I just wanted to mention it in case if this could be the problem.

Thanks

May 27, 2020 at 6:29 pm #6232109

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

This may be related, but I don't think so. This problem with libxml will be more related to translation: https://wpml.org/errata/older-libxml-library-needs-update-on-your-server/

This should, however, be fixed on your host. If your host does not resolve this, you may be able to consider changing your host. It is really important to have updated versions of your plugins and of course, your server libs/apps as well.

About the initial problem, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 29, 2020 at 1:24 am #6244531

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. The problem seems to be happening in two records that are broken. In my testing environment I noticed that within the "_icl_translations" table, there are two records that are broken: 5625 and 5635.

You can remove these two records by accessing your database and within the table "_icl_translations" on the "element_id" column.

Then remove both records and clear your site's cache again. Following these steps, the problem should be solved. If you don't know how to do this, please let me know so I can remove it for you.

Thank you.

May 29, 2020 at 8:45 am #6247449

abeyM

Hi,

I have removed both lines but the problem is still there. I have attached a screenshot of an error that always appears when I activate WPML Multilingual CMS.

Thanks

June 1, 2020 at 2:08 pm #6266073

abeyM

Hi,
any progress?

June 2, 2020 at 12:30 am #6268829

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

This other error was not displayed in my testing environment. When this message is displayed, look at the "element_id" code and remove the ID corresponding to that code as well. I will attach an image for you to see.

That is, when you activate WPML, see if this message will be displayed. If so, look at element_id and remove the ID being displayed (see the highlight in the attached image).

Following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

June 2, 2020 at 1:01 am #6268899

abeyM

HI,

I deleted the element as instructed but that doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Thanks

June 3, 2020 at 2:29 am #6278219

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

I have fixed the problem you are reporting. Could you please check if the posts are being displayed correctly now?

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

June 3, 2020 at 9:02 am #6281153

abeyM

Hi,

Thanks for your help the problem is solved. could you please tell me if the issue was from my side so I could avoid it for the future.

Thanks

June 3, 2020 at 4:46 pm #6285955

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

No. This seems to have happened just because some elements were inserted incorrectly, probably at the time of installing WPML these elements were inserted incorrectly.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.