Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 4, 2018 at 4:14 pm #1979010

Ronan Power

We have a site currently at word.translation.ie that we moved from a different webspace called wp.translation.ie. After moving the site the WPML plugin collection still seems to work mostly. I can add translations for pages manually for any page by visiting the page and clicking the plus symbol.

However none of the pages created from before we moved the site from wp.translation.ie are visible in the Translation Dashboard of the Translation Management Plugin. Pages that have been created since the move are visible there but I can't find any way to make the rest of the pages available to translate through the translation Management Plugin.The pages all still exist and are published in our default language.

So far I've tried deactivating and reactivating all of the plugins, completely unregistering the site and reregistering it. And completely deleting the database using the reset option and reconfiguring the plugin collection from scratch. Yet still the pages are not recognised by the Translation Management Plugin.

Additionally the filter on the Translation Dashboard of the Translation Management Plugin isn't working correctly, if I type a search term into the box with the "Title" placeholder and press the filter button the page reloads but nothing is filtered. The full list of items is shown still.

So I'm guessing something is wrong with just the Translation Management Plugin or something has happened in the database that has prevented the plugin from seeing these pages.

Is there any way force the Translation Management Plugin to scan all content on the site? Or is there any other action i can take to make all of my pages available for translation through the Translation Management Plugin?

May 7, 2018 at 11:06 am #2009415

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

You write: "We have a site currently at word.translation.ie that we moved from a different webspace called wp.translation.ie."
I suspect that something went wrong while you were moving your site.
Could please tell me how you have moved this site?
Did you use the WP All Import plugin, for instance?

Regards,
Itamar.

May 8, 2018 at 8:19 am #2025129

Ronan Power

Hi Itamar,

I moved the site by using the plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-and-replace/ to change the old install path to the new install path and exported that as an SQL file.

I then checked the SQL file and noticed it hadn't changed all the references of the old install path, specifically it seemed related to the sitepress-multilingual-cms and other wpml plugins, so I manually changed those in the file. During this I also changed all the references of wp.translation.ie to word.translation.ie within the file.

I then copied all the WordPress site files to the new directory on the new webspace. Then I imported the SQL file I created earlier into the database to update all the references to the new site ones. Finally I modified the 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE' setting in the wp-config.php file on the moved site to word.translation.ie.

I imagine something has been left unchanged in one of the tables the Translation Management plugin uses and is still referencing either the old URL or install path.

May 9, 2018 at 10:07 am #2048595

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I think that what might have happened is that the translated pages lost their language association in the importation process.
Please try to use WPML's troubleshooting section.
Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting (link)
Please see attached screenshot support-troubleshooting.jpg
Once on the troubleshooting screen press the following buttons and check if it helps.
Press each button at a time and wait for the process to complete.
- 'Disable cache for language switcher templates.'
- 'Clear the cache in WPML'
- 'Remove ghost entries from the translation tables.'
- 'Fix element_type collation'
- 'Set language information.'
- 'Assign translation status to duplicated content.'
- 'Set language information.'
- 'Fix terms count.'
- 'Fix post type assignment for translations'

Some of the options are more relevant to your case, but there is no harm in trying them all if you take a backup of your DB.


*** Please make a backup of your database before using this.***

Thanks
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Pages aren't visible on Translation Dashboard after moving site’ is closed to new replies.