This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Pages don't load after WordPress installation

Request URL:http://test.cerabella.com/ Request Method:GET Status Code:200 OK Remote Address:185.34.192.152:80 Referrer Policy:no-referrer-when-downgrade

Sometimes I see a Chrome's error screen with this error: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

Solution:please update your PHP Version to 5.6 or higher and also your MySQL Version to atleast 5.6

Relevant Documentation:https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jordi Romeu 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 10, 2017 at 4:09 pm #1273038

Jordi Romeu

Hi!

I've installed WPML on my website and it crashes. I can install and activate it correctly, but when I try to enter to my homepage, it crashes. Looking through Chrome developer tools, I can see this:

Request URL:hidden link
Request Method:GET
Status Code:200 OK
Remote Address:185.34.192.152:80
Referrer Policy:no-referrer-when-downgrade

Sometimes I see a Chrome's error screen with this error: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

I tried a lot of things, including reinstall WPML directly from FTP and from admin. I tried too to desactivate all plugins except WPML and change the theme for a default one. The error persists. When I desactivate WPML the error does not occur.

I can access the admin normally. The problem is only with the front-end.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

May 10, 2017 at 6:28 pm #1273163

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the above information !

I would need to see the detail of the error. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

May 11, 2017 at 4:36 am #1273390

Jordi Romeu

Sorry but it's not working. I have added the code you said (capture attached).

But WordPress is not creating the error_log.txt file.

hidden link

May 11, 2017 at 4:16 pm #1274090

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Sometimes it might require you to log out of the FTP and log back in, if it still doesnt populate its ok.

May i kindly ask you to please update your PHP Version to 5.6 or higher and also your MySQL Version to atleast 5.6

May 15, 2017 at 7:46 am #1275763

Jordi Romeu

Hi Bobby,

I updated the server to PHP 7.0 and now all is working fine.

Thanks for your support.