Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Pages don't load after WordPress installation

Request URL:http://test.cerabella.com/ Request Method:GET Status Code:200 OK Remote Address:185.34.192.152:80 Referrer Policy:no-referrer-when-downgrade

Sometimes I see a Chrome's error screen with this error: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

Solution:please update your PHP Version to 5.6 or higher and also your MySQL Version to atleast 5.6

Relevant Documentation:https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jordi Romeu 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 10, 2017 at 4:09 pm #1273038

Jordi Romeu

Hi!

I've installed WPML on my website and it crashes. I can install and activate it correctly, but when I try to enter to my homepage, it crashes. Looking through Chrome developer tools, I can see this:

Request URL:hidden link
Request Method:GET
Status Code:200 OK
Remote Address:185.34.192.152:80
Referrer Policy:no-referrer-when-downgrade

Sometimes I see a Chrome's error screen with this error: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

I tried a lot of things, including reinstall WPML directly from FTP and from admin. I tried too to desactivate all plugins except WPML and change the theme for a default one. The error persists. When I desactivate WPML the error does not occur.

I can access the admin normally. The problem is only with the front-end.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

May 10, 2017 at 6:28 pm #1273163

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the above information !

I would need to see the detail of the error. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

May 11, 2017 at 4:36 am #1273390

Jordi Romeu

Sorry but it's not working. I have added the code you said (capture attached).

But WordPress is not creating the error_log.txt file.

hidden link

May 11, 2017 at 4:16 pm #1274090

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

Sometimes it might require you to log out of the FTP and log back in, if it still doesnt populate its ok.

May i kindly ask you to please update your PHP Version to 5.6 or higher and also your MySQL Version to atleast 5.6

May 15, 2017 at 7:46 am #1275763

Jordi Romeu

Hi Bobby,

I updated the server to PHP 7.0 and now all is working fine.

Thanks for your support.