Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.42 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 11:49 pm #4373227

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Sorry, but I did not understand. Did you follow the steps my colleague posted above? If so, does the problem still persist?

Thank you.

August 13, 2019 at 10:52 pm #4391041

emelieC

Hello again,

So basically what is happening is that some pages even though duplicated from English to the other translations, show up in Swedish.

I stubled upon this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-product-price-based-on-countries/

Could this be my saviour?

I mean I could do with just the Swedish and English language. It is really the currency I want to show in different languages. That would save me from having to duplicate everything, right?

They say they are compatible with WPML, is that true?

Thanks!

Marcus

August 18, 2019 at 10:33 am #4411939

emelieC

Hello,

Do you have an answer for me on this?

I believe no matter if I go with that plugin or not. I will probably remove all the languages, because some pages just turn to Swedish when duplicating the english to international. And then I have to manually restore the revision of each page post and product.

I have read a lot of tickets now on how to delete a language fully. However, there is no info at of how to do it when using WPML.

So my question is how do I remove taxonomies and other things that I might have missed, so a language is fully deleted?

I want to try clearing up the database, so I don't want any traces left.

Kind regards,

Marcus

August 21, 2019 at 3:01 am #4427521

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Marcus,

First, sorry for my delay in answering.

>>> I mean I could do with just the Swedish and English language. It is really the currency I want to show in different languages. That would save me from having to duplicate everything, right?

They say they are compatible with WPML, is that true?

In general yes, this could avoid having to duplicate pages, however, it depends on what you really want to do. If you're charging products in a secondary currency, I'm not sure if this should work properly without using duplicate pages.

Yes, this plugin seems to be WPML compliant, since our team tested it a few weeks ago and worked correctly: https://wpml.org/plugin/woocommerce-product-price-based-countries/

>>> I have read a lot of tickets now on how to delete a language fully. However, there is no info at of how to do it when using WPML.

The best way to remove translations would be to access the taxonomy, pages, etc. and using the top bar selector, select the taxonomies/pages and remove them. That is, just access the desired language and remove content just as you do with pages in the default language.

Please let me know if this helps and if I can help with any other questions you may have. I will be happy to help with any further questions you have about this.

Thank you.

August 22, 2019 at 9:19 am #4437865

emelieC

OK!

So that would mean that all the values / attributes within that taxonomy would also be deleted? I dont need to go into woocommerce multilingual and empty everything or in another way delete the actual values within that taxonomy?

Kind regards,

Marcus

August 23, 2019 at 6:03 am #4444181

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi Marcus,

So that would mean that all the values / attributes within that taxonomy would also be deleted?

Only translations of each of the taxonomy selected. So you need to delete each individual taxonomy translations.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 25, 2019 at 2:35 pm #4454147

emelieC

My question is:

1. If I remove the translation of an Attribute. Will all of the terms get automatically removed. Or would I need to remove the terms beforehand? Please see this image:
hidden link

2. How do I remove the translation of the attribute (ie Width)?

Thanks!

August 26, 2019 at 5:03 am #4455947

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I tested this directly on database to check what is happening behind the scenes - if I delete the attribute directly, it seems like that all terms attached are gone from database as well.

(hover over with the mouse over the attribute you want to delete)

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 26, 2019 at 11:49 am #4458117

emelieC

Thats good info thanks,

But I dont want to delete the original of the attribute. Only its translations.

So at this point, I am not sure how to delete the translations of the attributes, and thereby deleting also the translated terms.

Please watch this video:
hidden link

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Marcus

August 26, 2019 at 12:00 pm #4458213

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Marcus,

I checked the video - is this what you want to do?
hidden link

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 26, 2019 at 3:57 pm #4460255

emelieC

No,

I would like to remove the actual word “width”

August 27, 2019 at 6:00 am #4462901

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

But then you do it like this, no?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/pages-not-duplicated-correctly/page/2/#post-4455947

That message along the video I recorded describes both options, deleting attributes and deleting attribute terms, there is nothing else left I can describe.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 28, 2019 at 11:28 am #4473919

emelieC

I am not sure you watched my video in full.

The problem is that if I do like you describe. I will delete the original language.

I want to delete the translations only, and with deleting the translated attributes I would also delete all the translated terms within that translated attribute.

It is very important that the original as well as the english EU and danish translations are still left intact. I only want to remove all info from International and UK.

Thanks!

August 28, 2019 at 11:56 am #4474023

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

An attribute is a taxonomy so it is not translated (only slugs and labels are translated - wasn't sure about this myself, so I asked further). Only attribute terms are translated, which you can delete then when you open the main attribute as we seen before. So you will not have a place to delete "Width-FR" or something like this, apart within String Translation table.

Does it make sense? 🙂

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 11, 2019 at 10:56 pm #4556629

emelieC

Hello,

Thanks for the info, I understand everything know, even thought it took me reading it 20 times.. But now I see.

So basically, the part I have to do in string translator, is quite hefty.

Also when going to string translator, I find that there are also some translations in russion and spanish; languages that I have previously removed.

So the question is. Is it possible via script or SQL to remove all translations for a previously installed language that I have been working on, but chosen to not use any more?

Would you be able to help me with something like that?

Thanks!