Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
January 24, 2021 at 10:31 am #7915069

gustavoF-11

I already translated all my pages but can't see online the ones in Spanish language. This issue wasn't before and I really don't know where it comes from. The pages are there, but when I click to preview, the browser just showed me blank content.

For instance:
hidden link

January 25, 2021 at 10:05 am #7919427

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I took a quick look and I think that your issue may be resolved by enabling the AJAX Language Cookie:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/enabling-language-cookie-to-support-ajax-filtering/

Please give it a shot and let us know if that does not resolve the problem 🙂

Best,
Izzi

January 25, 2021 at 10:23 am #7919701

gustavoF-11

Hi Izzi,
Actually my site already has active the option, as you might see in the screenshot.

Captura de pantalla 2021-01-25 a las 11.23.16.png
January 25, 2021 at 10:35 am #7919885

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Thank you for confirming.

Could you please do the following:
- Back up your website completely
- Update your plugins (we have new updates available but being rolled out to only 10% of clients before we roll them out to everyone) by downloading them from the Downloads page:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Clear all caches
- Update the affected page and re-translate it.

If this does not help, please share access to the website so we can take a closer look and try to provide a quick resolution. Please also mention all the pages where you are seeing this issue.
Request for temporary access

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

IMPORTANT
Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC.

DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields.

If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Best,
Izzi

February 3, 2021 at 5:56 pm #7999649

gustavoF-11

Hello, any news about this issue?

February 3, 2021 at 7:30 pm #8000421

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

I'm somewhat unfamiliar with how you site is laid out. Nonetheless, I did see the issue was with one Spanish page.

So I duplicated that page using Yoast Duplicate Post plugin. This plugin works nicely with WPML and most other plugins and themes and can sometimes fix database issues that only affect certain posts or products.

I can see the new page here:
[Catalan] hidden link
[Spanish] hidden link

Please take a look and if this seems ok, you can delete the old page and change the permalinks on this one.

Best,
Izzi

February 4, 2021 at 4:16 pm #8009119

gustavoF-11

Hi Izzi, everything looks great.
Thanks for your support.

February 8, 2021 at 10:23 am #8030081

Izzi Hassan

Hi Gustavo,

I appreciate the update and confirmation 🙂

Have a good week and Stay Safe!

Best,