This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Pages not showing after activating WPML

Solution:there were a few tables missing from the database and that is why the plugin was not working as expected.

i performed the following steps to resolves this

=> https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

additionally i updated your plugin to our latest version that was released today.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danielas-15 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 9:30 pm #2829666

danielas-15

I am trying to: setup a copy of my page in a testing server to troubleshoot WPML - right now I have a working copy in my local server running OK - but when I upload it for testing, the pages section on the admin looks empty in spite having a count of elements. If I deactivate WPML I can see the pages OK. Posts section also has the same error.

I have no other Plugins activated that can be affecting WPML or Themes, just original WordPress Theme and WPML as a plugin.

Similar issue has being reported on the forum, this is what I've tried to troubleshoot it with no results:
"Please, click on the WPML > Support > Troubleshooting. Look for "Clean up" and click on these buttons: -- Clear the cache in WPML -- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables -- Fix element_type collation -- Set language information"

Thanks in advance for the help.

October 20, 2018 at 12:12 am #2833230

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

if possible i would like to take a closer look within your test environment
**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

October 22, 2018 at 6:38 pm #2839441

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

thank you for the access details !

there were a few tables missing from the database and that is why the plugin was not working as expected.

i performed the following steps to resolves this

=> https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

additionally i updated your plugin to our latest version that was released today.

October 23, 2018 at 7:35 am #2841181

danielas-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!