This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ericV-18 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 17, 2018 at 6:19 pm #2825605

ericV-18

HI,

I have a website that is both in English (default) and French.
I am using the Divi builder global library for some page sections.
I have links to other pages on objects in the library.
I used to translate the URL in the Translator Editor but they are present anymore after the latest WPML updates (see screen shot for version). I would like to use the Automatic URL translation but it does not seem to work.

A link to an English page will always stay in English even in the French version.

Thanks

October 18, 2018 at 7:06 pm #2829297

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Could you please elaborate a little more on "I used to translate the URL in the Translator Editor but they are present anymore after the latest WPML updates" so I can better understand? A screenshot where I can see the issue would also be helpful.

I would also need your WPML debug information. You can find it in:
WPML -> Support -> click on debug information link
Then you can copy/paste the text you see in the Debug box I'll enable for the next answer.
More information here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

October 19, 2018 at 2:33 pm #2832366

ericV-18

Hi,
Here is an example:
The page hidden link contains a link to hidden link.
I have translated the page and the translated url is hidden link but the link to the other page stays at hidden link instead of being translated to hidden link (the page exists).
Here are two screens shots that illustrate the problem with the Translator Editor.
WithURL.png is the Translator editor on a page that was not touched since the update. I have blanked the URL fields but they are valid.
If I check the “Translation complete” check box, save and reload the Translator editor then I have the situation in WithoutURL.png. I am not able to edit the translated URL anymore. It happens everytime a save the translation for a page.
I suppose that it is a configuring missing or not correct but I cannot find it.
Before the last update, everything worked fine.

I did not find the way to submit debug info

Thanks

October 22, 2018 at 8:09 am #2837105

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

you should see a box in your next reply where you can add debug information.

I see the URL are inserted as custom field, are they created by Divi or with some other plugin?
Di you try to run the option in WPML -> Settings -> Translate Links Target?

October 22, 2018 at 12:32 pm #2838022

ericV-18

HI,

Yes I am using Divi.
I tried WPML -> Settings -> Translate Links and I still have the problem.

I uploaded the Debug info

Thanks

October 23, 2018 at 7:28 am #2841164

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

from your debug information I see several things that need to be fixed before we can proceed with further debugging:

1. the SiteURL and HomeURL needs to be the same. Please save permalinks after fixing this.

2. the minimum MySQL version required by WPML is 5.6. I see you are running 5.1. You should ask your hosting if it's possible to upgrade it.

3. the WP Memory Limit needs to be increased. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

4. we just released an update for WPML and addons. Please update, and check if the issue is fixed as this a technical release and fixes several bugs.

About the issue with the Translation Editor, the reason why you don't see the URL anymore it's because you blanked them in the default language. The Translation Editor won't show fields that are empty in the default language, so this isn't a bug. If you add them back in the original page you should be able to see them again.

If after fixing what I told you above you still have the issue, please do this test:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WPML and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

Let me know the results of the test.

October 24, 2018 at 4:57 pm #2847352

ericV-18

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!