This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 11:46 am #2763627

Henrique

Hello,

please find here the screenshots for the pagination.
Unfortunately the troubleshooting actions didn't change anything to the filters.

September 25, 2018 at 11:52 am #2763652

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I tested this on fresh installation but the issue doesn't exist there, so it seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Further, I have enabled the private reply for you, so could you please send me the backup of your site so I can replicate your site on localhost and perform further debugging.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 5, 2018 at 1:11 pm #2790865

Henrique

Hi,

this is always a problem related to the plugin "search and filter", deactivating it give the same pagination in all languages. the french version (where the products are encoded) displays a good pagination (10 products / page) as entered in the search and filter form settings, but in english (where there is no duplications but the option "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language"), the pagination is not 10 by page.

October 8, 2018 at 11:01 am #2795704

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

To further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Thanks

October 11, 2018 at 10:36 am #2807677

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I can see that you are using an outdated version of WooCommerce & WooCommerce Multilingual so could you please update the plugin to the latest version, first?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Further, Could you please provide me a backup of your wp-content (without uploads) as well as database backup so I can replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging.

You can zip these files and upload to google drive later to share it with me.

Thanks

October 11, 2018 at 11:00 am #2807731

Henrique

Hello,

I've updated WooCommerce, WooCommerce Multilingual and the WPML plugins. No change on the english pagination nor in the search and filter form.

Regards

October 12, 2018 at 7:40 am #2811031

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I tried to create a duplicator package to create the package but it doesn't seem to be creating a full package, so Could you please provide me a backup of your wp-content (without uploads) as well as database backup so I can replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging.

You can zip these files and upload to google drive later to share it with me.

Thanks

October 15, 2018 at 10:29 am #2816985

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Shekhar is on holiday this week so I will be helping you now.

I have extracted a duplicator of your site and I will now be installing it on my local server to troubleshoot the issue.

I´ll write back soon with obersvations/questions.
Thanks

October 15, 2018 at 11:05 am #2817037

Henrique

ok thank you !

October 15, 2018 at 11:07 am #2817041

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Could you please tell me the steps to replicate this issue on your site? I have visited it but there seems to be styling missing.

Please adivse. Also, to update you, the duplicator did not work so I am installing a new server and will use the datbase backup and wp-content zip you provided.

However, I would still like to see this on your frontend.

October 15, 2018 at 11:31 am #2817161

Henrique

Hello,

please visit the pages :
hidden link for the French version (10 products by page, 34 pages in total, have filters in the search form) and
hidden link for the English version (25 products by page, 14 pages in total, have no filters in the search form).

I haven't the duplicator, I used updraft plus to backup the website.

Regards

October 16, 2018 at 10:46 am #2820606

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I believe this is because of the setting that you have for the product post type. Specifically, you have set the tranlsation option to be "Traduisible : utilisez la traduction lorsqu'elle est disponible ou revenez à la langue par défaut" which affects the way a product is **displayed** on the frontend but should not be confused with an actual taxonomy classification of a product.

The result is that the filter is not able to be applied since there are no products meeting the search criteria in English. The WPML "appear as translated" setting then shows all the products in that particular archive with the normal default pagination (since the filter was not applied).

My guess is that if you were to choose a particular product category and then duplicate all of those products to English, then the filter would find those products and filter them and you would then see a similar pagination in both languages.

Does this make sense?

Conclusion: the WPML settings "Traduisible : utilisez la traduction lorsqu'elle est disponible ou revenez à la langue par défaut" is not compatible with the product filter widget.

Now that I understand the issue, I will replicate this on my local server and then escalate to our team if you want but I thought I would get back to you with my observations asap. Please advise on how you want to proceed.

October 16, 2018 at 11:37 am #2820773

Henrique

Hello,

I don't want to use the duplications. The search and filter plugin support said me to work with the duplications, but it is not a solution for me.. this option of wpml is mandatory for us, I can't ask my client to always create duplications and we have an api who synchronize the stocks, it will fail if there are too many products, that will be the case with the duplications...

The main purpose to this topic is to make the search and filter plugin compatible with WPML. Shekhar has already succeeded in displaying the products without the duplications (please see: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/display-untranslated-content-without-duplication-3/).

October 16, 2018 at 2:02 pm #2821231

Yvette
Supporter

I don´t know what to tell you. Technically, the plugin is "working" as the new WPML translation option setting is only affecting how objects are displayed on the frontend and not how they are seen from the backend. We will raise a compatibility ticket and wait for the compatibility team to work with the plugin authors to address the issue.

The time required to add the additional support for the new WPML setting "Traduisible : utilisez la traduction lorsqu'elle est disponible ou revenez à la langue par défaut" is unkown as it will depend on the complexity of the issue as well as the willingness of both parties to create required code.

I just want to let you know this since it may impact your project timeline and you should be made aware of the possibility that it may be considered a "feature request" and not necessarily a "bug".

In my opinion, you should work both ends (WPML and the plugin author) to push for a solution. If the request for collaboratiomm comes from the plugin author, there will be a faster response for sure.

I will go ahead and prepare the escalation unless you have any more questions?.

October 17, 2018 at 1:53 pm #2824785

Henrique

I understand, You can set a compatiblity ticket, I'll see about other solutions. Thank you for your time, I have no more questions.

The topic ‘[Closed] Pagination and filters category not working’ is closed to new replies.