This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 19, 2018 at 8:40 am #2831089

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello again.

As part of our escalation protocol, I am required to replicate this issue which I thought I had well understood. But, try as I might, I have not been able to reproduce this error on a new installation.

The plugin is always working as expected with WPML.

We are therefore back to the basic diagnostic questions and procedures:
- Please update ALL of your plugins that are not at their latest releases especially Woocommerce and your theme (if it is needed).
- Please CONFIRM explicitily that when you only have WPML + Woocommerce + WCML + filter plugin that you are able to reproduce the behaviour. I will need to confirm this as well so I will need a time that I can connect to your installation, deactiave all active plugins and do attempt to use the test search widget that I have created.

I also include some other observations here that i have noticed when comparing your installation to my test system:
- the category hierarchiy in 2nd language is not showing (all terms are on the same level)
- the category totals are all 0 (in my system with same cat settings, the term count is correct)

Finally, I simply cannot migrate your installation to a local server, so I will have to ask you to replicate this issue on a sandbox site. This site will be active for 7 days. Here you will find a new installation with Storefront, woocommerce, sample products, and all relevant WPML modules already configured for EN and FR.
Here is what you need to do:
- Use the existing sample woo products or create your own (it can be as few as 5)
- create a taxonomy hierarchy and simple products
- set WPML with the same settings as you have in your site if needed
- Upload and activate the Search and Filter plugin
- configure a simple widget with just taxonomy and add to shop page

Please notify me when you have been able to replicate the issue and provide steps to replicate this problem. Below you will find the login credentials for the Sandbox site.

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: PB01yj7hWy9T

Once I have the sandbox site showing the error, we can escalate to our 2nd tier group for more investigation.

October 22, 2018 at 8:57 am #2837355

Henrique

Hello,

the issue is replicated on your sandbox site :

English category page :
hidden link

French translation (display no products and no color filter) :
hidden link

October 22, 2018 at 12:38 pm #2838036

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Ok - this is a slightly different problem to the original "paging" issue that we were looking at initially.

However, with this pared down system and example, I can understand the issue now. This has to do with the way that the setting "appear as translated" is understood. As I might have stated before (or not), the setting is only affecting the way that the frontend is displayed and this means that the permalinks of the original template is used with only the language tag appended.

In your case, if you are to access the archive listing of non-translated products, then the product-category value cannot be translated if you wish to be able to show results.

In the example you created, I have translated the product-category slug to be the same in FR as in EN. I have removed all translations of product categories that you created and now you can see that the filters are working and the paging is the same in both languages. Please confirm this yourself.

At this point, I am not certain if this constitutes a "bug" or even a compatibility issue with the plugin. The setting "appear as translated" will only work if all product related slugs are not translated. The moment you translate any object in the "URL chain" (e.g. taxonomy slug, term name), then the setting will seek products in that language space.

I wait for you response.

The topic ‘[Closed] Pagination and filters category not working’ is closed to new replies.