Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The pagination on the secondary language did not work.

Solution: The issue was resolved by making sure all languages had a Product Category Base set in Settings -> Permalinks and translated using WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Store URLs.

To remove it from the URL, the following WPML compatible plugin helped: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-permalink-manager/

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mariannaD 1 week, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 28, 2019 at 11:29 am #4838851

mariannaD

Seems that we have a problem with pagination. We contacted our theme developers, and after investigation they adviced us to contact you.
So, hope you can help.

The problem is, that pagination doesn't work on category pages of webstie shop.
For example on this page hidden link

If you try to click on page 2 manually we get this: hidden link (Page Not Found)

October 29, 2019 at 2:03 pm #4848435

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

Could you clarify if this pagination worked in the past on the translated version of the store?

IMPORTANT
Please make a backup of site files and database before trying the steps below. Backing up your website ensures that you will be able to recover it in case something goes wrong. We always recommend trying any significant changes in a development, or staging, environment before applying them to a production website.

As a first step, I would recommend that you back up your website and update your theme and plugins.

Next, I will require temporary access to your website to take a deeper look. I believe the issue is with your permalink settings but will need to confirm this and find a solution.

Request for temporary access

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

IMPORTANT
Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC.

DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields.

If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this:
hidden link

November 4, 2019 at 6:02 pm #4883889

mariannaD

We found this issue right after installing the theme and wmpl plugin. So, seems it didn't work from the start for Ukrainian version

November 5, 2019 at 9:17 am #4886625

mariannaD

Hi there! Any news regarding the issue?

November 5, 2019 at 9:25 am #4886741

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

We are facing a higher than normal number of support requests and handling them in order as they are received.

I did take a look and I see that a lot of your plugins need updates. Please back up your website and update the plugins as a first step. We have released a few versions of WPML since v4.2.9 which fix a number of known compatibility issues.

Please let me know once you have updated and I'll investigate further if the issue persists.

Thanks!

November 5, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4889775

mariannaD

Hi.
We updated all plugins but with no result 🙁

November 6, 2019 at 1:22 pm #4898891

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Marianna,

I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I am working on debugging this issue and will update you very soon with a solution.

November 7, 2019 at 9:23 am #4904017

mariannaD

Thank you! Waiting 🙂

November 8, 2019 at 6:41 pm #4916167

mariannaD

Hi there! Just writing to ask if there any news?

November 11, 2019 at 7:14 am #4922183

mariannaD

hello! Any news?

November 12, 2019 at 5:31 am #4929021

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Marianna,

I just wanted to update you that I can replicate the issue and will have an update for you shortly today.

Thank you for your patience!

November 12, 2019 at 8:04 am #4929455

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

I need to test a solution with your website's configuration. If you are able to easily clone the website into a staging environment, please do so and share credentials so that we can test and resolve the problem.

If not, then I need your permission to make a copy of your website on our servers. This copy will be accessible to you and deleted as soon as your issue is resolved.

November 12, 2019 at 9:26 am #4930075

mariannaD

Hi!

Let's do it on your servers.
Thank you!

November 13, 2019 at 10:14 am #4937177

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Thanks!

I've started the process.