This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.79 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 16, 2019 at 11:45 pm #3626039

Mylene

I am trying to: Using Elementor, I have the post widget. I set in to 10 posts per page (same as in WP Settings - writing) and add pagination, since I have 42 posts. In Elementor, on hover over numbers or Next, you can see the URL as hidden link /3/ etc.
but live, on hover it has no number, just shows hidden link for all numbers and redirects to original page. Cannot get to other pages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: when i click on a number, go to page 2

Instead, I got: stay on same page

I see that elementor uses WPML tm-mcs-pagination.twig file, I do not know why.

I tried:
- Switching to Translatable - only show translated items: no difference
- Changing permalinks: no difference
- Changing language by folder: no difference
- Deactivation WPML Translation management: no difference
I also updated all plugins to latest: no difference

April 17, 2019 at 3:46 am #3627051

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Could you please use the workaround provided here as it seems to be the same issue, https://wpml.org/forums/topic/pagination-3/#post-2412725

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

April 22, 2019 at 5:08 pm #3657309

Mylene

If you read the first point, it says that I did try it:
- Switching to Translatable - only show translated items: no difference

For people looking for a simple answer:
you cannot use the Posts widget on a normal page, it won't work.
You have to create an archive page, an use the archive widget, it is the only way of makling the pagintion work, which in my opinion is a bug.

April 23, 2019 at 6:02 am #3659713

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello Mylene,

I am sorry that I missed that at first place.

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Notes:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] pagination not working’ is closed to new replies.