This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by shenglianD 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 12:34 am #4286331

shenglianD

I'm setting up 2 languages (English and Chinese) for my website, including the Paid Member Subscription. I have translated the member registered form, member account, member password recover and subscription plan into chinese.These forms can be seen under chinese version.

But when I click the 登陆,注册 ,丢失密码 and ect links on the Chinese version, it will link me back to English (original), and the chinese version for member registration is half chinese and half english. I know I should change the string somewhere to link to the chinese version, but don't know where the string is.

Please help

July 26, 2019 at 6:34 am #4287769

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

It is this plugin, correct?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/paid-member-subscriptions/

I wasn't able to find a single ticket related to the plugin, while it is not listed within our compatible plugins either:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

(It does not mean that it is not compatible, but only that it has not been tested yet).

But when I click the 登陆,注册 ,丢失密码 and ect links on the Chinese version, it will link me back to English (original)

What is this button doing - submitting new registration? I'm not familiar how the plugin works, but have you translated all its pages (if any), such as new account, my account page, etc. Also, within the plugin, are there some endpoints you can set, such as the URL to which it should redirect upon account creation?

and the chinese version for member registration is half chinese and half english

Can you tell me if you are able to find these strings within:
WPML -> String Translation
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If they are not there, can check the following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/#scanning-plugins-for-texts

So try scanning plugin, perhaps the initial plugin scan has not picked up all the strings.

In any case, if none of the above works, we may need to consider treating this as a compatibility issue.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 26, 2019 at 9:52 am #4288793

shenglianD

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, it's Paid Member Subcription plugin.

Yes, it is a member register page, member acccount page and subscription plan. I have followed the instruction of string translation and have translated the pages and all the strings I need. I can see the pages of member registration, member account have translated and displayed in Chinese. But when I click the buttons on the member login or member account in Chinese version, for example '登陆‘ (EN: Login), or '注册“ (EN:Register), "密码丢失“ (EN: Lost Password), then I will be linked back to English member register page or member account page. In this case, I need the language switch to switch back to Chinese, then I see the Chinese verision of the same page.

I tried to find somewhere to link the Chinese URL for those pages, but couldn't find in the string where I can change the link, like what I did for many of my widget area and pages.

Do you mind to go to my website to have a look? If necessary, I can give you a temporary accesss.

Thanks.

Diana

July 26, 2019 at 11:26 am #4289369

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Diana,

Somehow I assume that this will be a compatibility issue, so I have created a clean sandbox installation where I installed all the required plugins.

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: SsJJ0O6c7a6h

May I ask you to set these pages here, along with registration form? I will then check what is going on. Our compatibility team always asks us to emulate the behavior in clean installations, so it would be better if we resume here.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 27, 2019 at 12:58 am #4292067

shenglianD

Hi Bruno,

I've set up the pages in the demo account as you linked. I've translated most of the strings of Paid-Member-Subscription. I tried to translate more strings to show you my problem, but there are more than 2300 strings. Far too hard, so I gave up translating more.

Hope you can find something and sort out my issue.

Thanks again.

Di

July 29, 2019 at 8:37 am #4297803

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

but there are more than 2300 strings. Far too hard, so I gave up translating more.

No need for this :). I think we should only focus on the strings that you have translated and need them on your site (but they don't appear translated) and also the issue related to wrong URLs.

On this sandbox site, can you show me examples of both (and how to reproduce) so that I could investigate further and escalated this to our compatibility team for further debugging?

As for this, is this not correct?

But when I click the buttons on the member login or member account in Chinese version, for example '登陆‘ (EN: Login), or '注册“ (EN:Register), "密码丢失“ (EN: Lost Password), then I will be linked back to English member register page or member account page. In this case,

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

etc?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 30, 2019 at 7:40 am #4305383

shenglianD

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for trying to sort out my problem.

I have reproduced a few pages, menus and subscription plans in the Sandbox as what I did for my own website. During the process of reproducing, I've noticed a few things:
1. Both versions of subscription plans (English and Chinese are displayed at the same time under one single language

2. The urls links to Chinese, for example, 登录( login), 注册( Register), 丢失密码 (Lost password) and ect. seem to be alright in Sandbox, but not right in my website (those urls are linked back to English).

3.In Sandbox, there are sources to view beside the strings related to the pages I need (such as Member account, Register, Login & ect.). However, there are no sources to view beside the same strings in my website. Please refer to the pictures.

I have tried to deactivated some of the plugins one by one in my website, but didn't notice any difference. Don't know if it is compatable problem or something else. Please forgive me not being an IT savvy.

By the way, the Paid Member Sucription plugin in my website is the same as it is in the Sandbox.

Thanks.

Di

July 30, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4307507

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

1. Both versions of subscription plans (English and Chinese are displayed at the same time under one single language

Can you tell me if this is an issue or not? Not sure I get it - where can I see this happening?

2. The urls links to Chinese, for example, 登录( login), 注册( Register), 丢失密码 (Lost password) and ect. seem to be alright in Sandbox, but not right in my website (those urls are linked back to English).

It might be related to server caching or perhaps some redirection? What about changing the theme, does it help? Also, can you try changing the Language URL format perhaps and resaving the permalinks?

3.In Sandbox, there are sources to view beside the strings related to the pages I need (such as Member account, Register, Login & ect.). However, there are no sources to view beside the same strings in my website. Please refer to the pictures.

I do see that there are few strings more on your site, but not sure if source showing is relevant thing. Can you go to "theme and plugins localization" -> Strings in the plugins -> scan "Paid Member Subscriptions"_

Also, perhaps you could create a Duplicator package from the sandbox:
hidden link

And then try deploying this website on your subdomain or staging server, checking how it behaves and perhaps using it as a starting point. Would it make sense?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 31, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4316031

shenglianD

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the above thread. Let me explain what I have done and found so far。

1.'Both versions of subscription plans (English and Chinese are displayed at the same time under one single language'.

Please see picture 1. If you go to the Sandboxn and click 'Register', you will see what I mean.

2. “ changing the Language URL format perhaps and resaving the permalinks?“

I did try, but couldn't do it on the pages I created with the shortcode. The register form, login form, subscription form and ect are all in the plugin somewhere, I just cannot find in the strings to change the urls.

3. <go to "theme and plugins localization" -> Strings in the plugins -> scan "Paid Member Subscriptions">

I've done this many times, nothing else more comes out.

4. 'create a Duplicator package from the sandbox:
hidden link'

As I have very little webmaster knowledge, so prefer not to try this method and mess up my website.

5. What else I have done to try to sort out the problem?

I have completely deleted the Paid-member-subscription plugin from cpanel, and manually removed the 2300+ strings from WPML (that's 100 x 23 times delete), then reinstalled the plugin. I also deactivated then activated WPML plugin to see if it makes any change. Now I retranslated all the strings I need, unfortunately same problems exist.

6. What else I've noticed?
1)In the Sandbox, under WPML Language- Make themes work multilingual- Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality. This tick is making the links under the menus I created behave differently.

2)the View (in Source) are very different in Sandbox and my website. The Sandbox source is from Paid-Member-Subscription/Translation/, while source from my is from shortcode. Please refer to Picture 4 & Picture 5. I've checked Cpanel, I also have the same Translation.PHP. Why it is not showed in my WPML string translation ?

Is there any where for me to view the translation.php source?

Mybe it is compitable issue, or my own problem of not setting correctly?

Hope you can help me find the reasons.

Thanks.

Di

August 1, 2019 at 4:17 am #4318667

shenglianD

Hi Bruno,

Just to keep you update about the issue related to the translation of Paid Member Subscription.

After many times of trying and testing, I have found the major problem and have sorted out every problem I listed above.

What I did?
1. I checked the 'Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality' under WMPL-Language-Make themes work multilingual
2. Created all the pages with all the shortcode I need and named them exactly as the orignial language
3. Translated all the pages into Chinese.
4. Add some parameters provided by the developer of the plugin in the pages I created, now the subscription plan only display English plan in default language (English) and Chinese plan in Chinese webpage.

Woo-hoo. I'm glad I've sorted the issues.

But thank you anyway for trying to help.

August 1, 2019 at 4:18 am #4318669

shenglianD

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!