This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Edwige 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 9:23 pm #4469871

Edwige

I am trying to:update plugins

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:I followed instructions to deactivate WPML plugins and then reactivate in a certain order but I can't even access my back office now I am only getting that white page with
"
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /home4/edwige/public_html/massiveactionmassiveresults.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/functions.php on line 810"
Instead, I got:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /home4/edwige/public_html/massiveactionmassiveresults.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/functions.php on line 810

August 28, 2019 at 2:22 pm #4475115

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. For some reason your WPML Multilingual CMS plugin files got corrupted. Please, proceed this way:

1 - Connect to your website via FTP and delete your current 'sitepress-multilingual-cms' folder from your host wp-content/plugins folder.

2 - Download a fresh copy of WPML Multilingual CMS plugin from your wpml.org account downloads section, unzip it and send the unziped folder to your host wp-content/plugins folder.

3 - Access your WordPress Dashboard and proceed with the WPML related plugins activation.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

September 3, 2019 at 7:25 am #4501643

heinzR-4

Hi, same with me ... fatal error on line 810. It simply not possible to activate this plugin. I have tried different versions, have deleted everything and have tried again - always the same.
I try to activate and it shows:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in C:\inetpub\sohor\wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\inc\functions.php on line 810

September 5, 2019 at 3:10 am #4515057

Edwige

I haven't been able to save as I cannot access the website's backoffice. I haven't tried yet to update the plugins via FTP