This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lauraN-2 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 12:43 pm #4136483

lauraN-2

Hi,

We've been going through the Dutch website and we're finding a lot of random English, we're having the same issue on another one of our websites (asap-foundation.org) It seems a lot of WooCommerce functions aren't translating properly. When we disable the string translations plugin it does work well so it seems to be some sort of compatibility issue.

July 3, 2019 at 7:31 pm #4138713

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

is this the same issue as the ticket here ?
=> https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-backend-is-suddenly-english/

if yes then please lets continue in the first ticket

if not and this is also being experienced in a specific area of the front end of the website please provide me with a link to where i can see the issue

July 4, 2019 at 8:52 am #4141409

lauraN-2

Hi,

No this is a different issue. It seems the WooCommerce functionalities don't translate into Dutch. However, it does work when we turn off string translation. Here's a link to the cart where you can see hidden link

July 5, 2019 at 8:29 am #4149029

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Are you referring to the Woocommerce strings Return to shop and "Your cart is empty" for example ?

If possible i would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

July 8, 2019 at 11:43 am #4162031

lauraN-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!