Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 4:42 pm #3578837

John

Hey there,
I have made everything similar to my website.
Same theme, same settings.
I have also set the fixer api.
As you can see on checkout if you select bank transfer there exchange is not made.
Waiting for your answer. Thanks

April 11, 2019 at 6:27 am #3584037

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi John

Thanks for the efforts.

I have checked the sandbox but I don't see any issue there.

This is how payment gateway conversion works.

I have checked your settings in your site. You have enabled Gateway settings for RON and The Bank Payment gateway is enabled for RON. Which means the currency conversion applies to checkout with RON currencies and since you accept RON payment for bank transfer you won't see any difference.

Try the following to check the Auto conversion works

1) Change the Payment currency to EUR in Bank payment

2) Add a product with RON currency and try to check out

3) Select the Bank transfer and place the order you should see the Currency converted to EURO

I hope this clarifies the bank payment auto conversion flow.

Let me know if you need further clarification

Kind regards
Raja

April 11, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3587869

John

Hey again Raja,
Thanks for your support.
So i have done what you said.
1. In woocommerce payments BACS it sets to EURO
2. I have auto exchange options in woocommerce multilingual
3. I have selected the bank transfer but nothing no message appears like on documentation:
"On the checkout page, a notice will show what currency will be used in the transaction if it is different than the one already selected by the user. The total amount will also be displayed in the converted currency."
Btw the website is a stage site so there is no problem if you access it.
Waiting for your answer. Thanks in advance again.
Maybe there is an issue with theme.
Have you tried on your stage website and worked perfectly?
Waiting for your answer.

April 11, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3588461

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi John,

This might be a bit confusing to understand.

I have changed the default currency for Romania to RON, From Multicurrency settings, And in payment gateway setting in RON, I have changed the Currency for Bank payment to EUR.

After performing the above steps, I added a product which is in Romanian Currency when I go to check out I can see the message the payment to be paid in Euro.

The Payment gateway currency should be different in order for the Auto conversion to work.

I hope this is clear now 🙂

Kind regards
Raja

April 11, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3588967

John

Oh... i understand now what i was wrong ...There was just a line that i miss which default currency keep.
But is this scenario possible: keep all store to EURO even on Romanian language and only when bacs is selected (in Ro store) to get this exchange. Morover this is what i have tried to achieve.
Exact the opposite of what you have explain me above :D.
Waiting for your answer 😛

April 12, 2019 at 5:17 am #3594973

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi John,

Glad the issue is clear now 🙂

For your settings to work, you need to set RON as your WooCommerce default currency and Euro as your secondary currency so that you can apply payment gateway settings to Euro.

Backup your site and database

1) Change the WooCommerce default currency to RON, Please make a note you have to adjust and maintain the prices of your products in RON

2) In Multiple Currency settings, Add Euro as a secondary currency. Set the default currency for each language as EUR. Euro will be your secondary currency and you can apply the Bank Payment Gateway for Euro to accept RON as your payment currency for the bank.

This is the only possible way we have with the plugin. However, I see that the conversion can be achieved through custom coding which is beyond our support capability.

Kind regards
Raja

April 19, 2019 at 12:01 am #3642105

John

As always Raja good support. Thanks again for your helping me. All the best

April 19, 2019 at 12:02 am #3642107

John

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!