This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dinoT-3 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 2:46 am

dinoT-3

My problem is
- I add a plugin "Quote for woocommerce" in the website
- The plugin will show as a payment option in the checkout page
– the quote payment option can show up on checkout in main language English,
– but it disappears on other language pages
– show “no payment option availble” on the pages

Thanks!

September 13, 2019 at 5:27 am #4565653

dinoT-3

Updates:

When I deactivate WooCommerce Multilingual, the option will show up, vice versa.

September 13, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4568705

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

This plugin does not appear on our current list of compatible plugins:

As such, I have created a new sandbox Woocommerce + WPML installation and have uploaded this plugin here:
hidden link

Please login and configure the plugin as it is on your site. There shop has been translated.

Then write back so that I can confirm the problem. I can then send this to our compatibility team for more investigation and possible workaround.
Thanks

September 14, 2019 at 4:42 am #4572147

dinoT-3

Hi Yvette,

Thanks for your reply.

My own configuration, the image "Email", include the child theme email setting.

I have configured the plugin in the sandbox:
- simply Change the changeable text in setting only, nothing else

The image "English" shows that the payment option "As for Quote" is available. While "Spanish" one doesn't shows the payment option.

Thanks a lot and looking forward to your reply.

September 16, 2019 at 7:04 am #4576727

dinoT-3

Hi, Any updates? Excuse me that it's urgent in my situation....

September 16, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4581511

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Sorry but we don´t work on the weekends.

1. Sandbox site compatibility observations
1.1 Request a quote button does not appear on the 2nd language shop page. I don´t believe this is the same on your site...is it? Did you make any special coding to make the button appear? I´m sorry that I cannot read chinese to determine if the Request a quote button is appearing or not.

1.2 The payment method is not "visible" to WCML
The normal payment methods are registered in the wp-options table and WCML can determine if the method is "enabled" or not...therefore enabling/disabling it in the 2nd language.
As you can see, a separate options flag is used to "enable" the global quote plugin, but as this is not registered with Woocommerce as a real payment method, it is not being picked up by WCML.

2. Timing and Compatibility Issues
I appreciate that you are pressed for time. I need to inform you that while we will make a best effort to find a workaround, any final solution has to come from the plugin author so you are best advised to contact the plugin author with these issues and then ask them to contact our development team here under the GoGlobal program:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

It is not our policy to modify any code not written by our own developers. And you should be warned that id we do not have the collaboration of the plugin author, no solution may ever be provide. It all depends on the willingness and availability of the author to collaborate with our team balanced against our own development priorities, resources and popularity of the plugin.

The prioritizaion of the work is not up to the Support team and rests entirely on the

3. Further questions?
I am now escalating this ticket to our compatibility team, do you have any further questions before I mark this ticket as "escalated to compatibility"?

September 20, 2019 at 1:15 am #4608553

dinoT-3

Thanks, the problem is solved, and the plugin is already compatible for WPML & WPML Woo..

September 20, 2019 at 1:16 am #4608555

dinoT-3

Thanks