This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
February 14, 2020 at 9:49 am #5493409

rufusB

Follow up for https://wpml.org/forums/topic/secondary-currencies-have-stopped-converting-corrrectly/, slightly different issue

February 15, 2020 at 10:49 am #5499115

rufusB

No worries, that migrated.

February 15, 2020 at 2:51 pm #5499741

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I did a couple of tests.

If I choose a different payment method than Stripe, I can finish the checkout normally and I can see the import in €

Choosing Stripe, I get this message that the payment will be made in £
Is this what you were referring to? If so, which are the settings on Stripe's and Paypal's sides?
How can I set up test mode so I can simulate a real checkout?

February 15, 2020 at 3:41 pm #5499859

rufusB

I'm getting this-

February 15, 2020 at 3:46 pm #5499903

rufusB

you need to go to Woocommerce>settings>payments. Click on stripe, activate test mode and save. Currency options are in woocommerce>woocommerce Multilingual>multi-currency where you will find settings on the right of the box.

February 17, 2020 at 4:55 pm #5509497

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

thanks for the explanation. I did some more tests.
I'm not sure at this point if the issue is only with Stripe Gateway since it seems to be working with other payment methods.

I tried to reproduce the issue on a clean installation, but I couldn't.
You can try yourself if you want using this link hidden link

I saw a new version of Stripe Gateway was released just today so I'd ask you to update (I used the last version in the Sandbox) and see if by any chance the issue is solved.

February 17, 2020 at 6:39 pm #5509951

rufusB

I also tried using test and live modes but was unable. A friend, however, was able to make live payments in Euros using PayPal and Stripe. I'll take the issue to Stripe but I guess the main thing is secondary currency transactions are working.

February 19, 2020 at 8:54 am #5521535

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

since I can't reproduce, and I still have the issue if I use on your copy of the site my Stripe keys, I think the issue should lay on something on your site specifically, not in the whole multicurrency system, or I should be able to reproduce the problem.

I'm talking with our second tiers about it, but probably I'll have to escalate the ticket.

February 19, 2020 at 11:56 am #5523263

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we found this error when using test mode

{
"error": {
"code": "card_declined",
"doc_url": "<em><u>hidden link</u></em>,
"message": "Your card was declined. Your request was in live mode, but used a known test card.",
"param": "",
"type": "invalid_request_error"
}
}

It seems this is not respecting the test mode. Maybe you translate some string from Stripe plugin that wasn't supposed to be translated?

February 19, 2020 at 12:58 pm #5523865

rufusB

I don't recall, it's possible although this is a fairly recent issue and I don't recall any manual translations. Would it be worth reinstalling stripe to see if the error persists?

February 19, 2020 at 2:41 pm #5525003

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you might try that, it shouldn't cause any issue on your side. Stripe Support didn't have any hint?

February 21, 2020 at 10:49 am #5539377

rufusB

I made some space on my server for a staging site but setting it up isn't straight forward. Please bear with me while I finish this.

February 21, 2020 at 4:58 pm #5543013

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

no problem, I'm waiting for updates.

February 26, 2020 at 1:58 pm #5571807

rufusB

OK, I tried reinstalling the plugin but unfortunately the problem remains.

February 26, 2020 at 3:20 pm #5572525

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I don't think reinstalling the plugin helps in this case. If as we hypothesized, you have some string translated that shouldn't have been translated, it would be registered in the database.

When you reinstall a plugin, in most cases you only overwrite the files but not the database content. You should check for example in String Translation for all string coming from Stripe plugin and try to delete them from there.

The topic ‘[Closed] Payments are no longer accepted in secondary currencies on my site’ is closed to new replies.