This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am getting this error:

" PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record "

Solution: There were some update issue appeared with our WPML v4.2.0 release. Could you please delete and install WPML plugin manually?

To do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Please take your full site backup.

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jean-francoisC-6 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
May 27, 2019 at 9:16 pm

jean-francoisC-6

Hi,

This is my third ticket on this topic.

I have just done the following: unregistered WPML on my web site; deleted the key on the WPML web site; created a new key; and re-registered WPML on my web site. And yet, I still get this error, see attached. Could you solve it?

Note, the Duplicator file is not perfect. My site is multi-site, and the free version of Duplicator which I'm using gives a warning when creating the back-up.

Thank you,

Jf

May 28, 2019 at 4:20 am #3902661

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Sorry for the trouble, there were some update issue appeared with our WPML v4.2.0 release. Could you please delete and install WPML plugin manually?

To do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Please take your full site backup.

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Thank you

May 28, 2019 at 10:19 pm #3910425

jean-francoisC-6

I managed to update the five WPML plug-ins required for Woocommerce using this technique. But I hope future updates will work using the normal update process.