Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 9, 2021 at 10:50 am #8500501

davidF-18

Hi Izzi,

Thanks for the follow up, I hope you're well?

I've made sure WPML is up to date and have just updated the WooCommerce PDF Product Vouchers plugin to 3.9.2 and done another two test purchases.

Sadly, the email containing the voucher is not being sent in any language at all. The original problem related to the email only being sent in English, but currently no confirmation email is being sent to the customer. Perhaps if that could be resolved, we might see that it is being sent in the right language?

Thanks in advance,

David

April 9, 2021 at 10:51 am #8500505

Izzi Hassan

Hi David,

I'm debugging the new issue and will update you here.

Best,
Izzi

April 9, 2021 at 11:54 am #8501499

davidF-18

Hi Izzi,

Thanks very much for your ongoing assistance!

David

April 26, 2021 at 8:24 am #8620883

davidF-18

Hi Izzi, just checking to see if there's any news, the client is chasing me again.

Thanks, David

April 27, 2021 at 1:41 pm #8635545

Izzi Hassan

Hi David,

Yes, I'm actually trying to test a fix but running into a new error when I add the code to your website. Let me figure this out and update you shortly. I will make sure we get the fix working on the live site in the next day or so.

Best,
Izzi

May 4, 2021 at 6:47 am #8680823

davidF-18

Hi Izzi,

Just checking in to see if there's any news.

Thanks,

David

May 10, 2021 at 8:45 am #8726909

Izzi Hassan

Hi David,

We've been trying our best to resolve issues with this plugin but to no avail so far.

I did some testing and indeed no emails are triggered for the PDF Voucher recipient or purchaser.

We're also in touch with the plugin authors but at this point we're waiting for them to make some decisions about whether they can maintain compatibility or not.

The only workaround I found was to manually trigger the email sending and from my testing, I was able to send that in a different language, but again, it had to be done from the Admin area.

At this point, I don't see this plugin becoming officially compatible in the short term, and without suggesting very hack-y solutions like setting up a script to manually trigger these emails when an order is made (which is not recommended as a lot of checks happen in WC when an order is completed, but it is feasible with enough testing), I would suggest continuing with manually triggering the Voucher emails for now.

I asked around with my team regarding this and what we should suggest moving forward. We've done some testing with this plugin, which you could look into:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/flexible-coupons/

The plugin was tested and confirmed as being compatible with WPML. The authors are reliable and cooperative, so we should be able to resolve any issues rather quickly.

Best,
Izzi

May 11, 2021 at 11:28 am #8739093

davidF-18

Hi Izzi,

Thanks for the update, I understand what you are saying and appreciate your time in trying to get a fix sorted out.

We'll look at the Flexible Coupons plugin instead, however I'm not sure it's fully WPML compatible - I noticed there was a support question from a few months ago asking why confirmation emails were being sent in the wrong language, and the developer replied to say it was an issue and that they weren't fully WPML compatible yet.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wpml-buyer-email-translation/

I contacted the devs to ask about WPML, they have just replied to say basically the same thing, except that there is currently no plan to make the plugin WPML compatible. This is what they said:

"Hello David,

You can create coupon in one language. There are some problems with emails to customers.
I submitted idea of adding WPML support to our Developers.
Unfortunately I am sure it will not happen soon as we have work planned several months ahead. This solution needs a lot of work. "

So, I'm not 100% sure this solution will work either, or not without more communication between you and the authors.

Can you let me know what you think?

Thanks,

David

May 19, 2021 at 8:30 am #8796989

Izzi Hassan

Hi David,

I've asked our partnerships team to retest the plugin they recommended.

I also looked at some other options for you and I think this may do the trick:
hidden link

Let me know what you think!

Best,
Izzi

May 22, 2021 at 9:42 am #8824087

davidF-18

Hi Izzi,

Let me know what the partnerships team say about the Flexible Coupons plugin please.

The new plugin you suggest won't work I'm afraid, it is for discount codes and the like with WooCommerce, it doesn't produce gift vouchers.

Thanks,

David

May 24, 2021 at 3:33 pm #8834883

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi there!

I've been briefed by Izzi and i'll take over this ticket.

We asked our marketing and compatibility team about some other "officially" compatible plugin that has this feature but it looks like there isn't another one.

This doesn't mean that you are stuck. you can try another one and open a new ticket about it if you get stuck OR you can even ask their author if they work with WPML or if they would be willing to work with us to make it compatible (We are totally going to help them out if they say yes 🙂 )

---------------

Having said this, i tried to search for a similar plugin like the one you used and came across this one: hidden link

It's not "officially" compatible with us, which means that they are handling the full compatibility part on their own but from the comments to their users, it seems to be compatible with WPML, so myabe you could give it a try or ask them first (be detailed so you can get better answers) to see if there is a demo site where you can test it or if they have al the features you're looking for.

Regards.

May 26, 2021 at 5:50 am #8847723

Alejandro
Supporter

Turns out the author of the link I mentioned before just contacted us and we are working towards an ongoing partnership with them, they are currently managing the compatibility with us but we are working together now so the compatibility should be improved in the near future and the plugin might become officially compatible very soon.

Maybe you can give that plugin a try!

May 26, 2021 at 5:56 am #8847729

davidF-18

Morning Alejandro,

Thanks for the info, we'll take a look at that plugin.

How long does it typically take to achieve compatibility? I'd like to know it's officially WPML compatible before we invest significant time in it.

David

May 26, 2021 at 6:07 am #8847749

Alejandro
Supporter

Well, we consider a plugin as "officially" compatible when we have a good communication with the author and when we start together.

Our marketing team communicated that they contacted us (which is a sign that they will maintain a good communication) and we are currently reviewing the plugin to see if it's fully compatible.

There isn't an ETA or an approximate time for the plugin to become officially compatible but since we are already cooperating, if you can ask for a demo site or something similar on their end, you can first test for he features that you want.

afterwards, if you do end up choosing that product, we both will be able to help which means that you can contact both the authors and WPML and we will cooperate in finding a solution for you.

Regards.