This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasK-90 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
January 24, 2019 at 5:54 pm #3126393

thomasK-90

I use Perfect WooCommerce Brands . I have translated the brand description but only showing original language version.

Translated version (in English) of brand page settings are completely ignored. Meaning, I gave description in English and did not set banner image, but it is showing banner image with brand description in default language (Japanese).

January 25, 2019 at 2:01 pm #3129250

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @thomask-90, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

This seems to be a new compatibility issue with the Perfect WooCommerce Brands plugin. In these cases, these are the procedures:
- Install the plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
- After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
- If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team
- The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugin to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

All the best,
Diego

January 26, 2019 at 6:29 pm #3131701

thomasK-90

Thank you so much Diego.
So I tried on the fresh install site you sent me and there it is working. So I cannot reproduce this issue there.

I assumed it is plugin conflict. So I deactivated all plugins on my site except

Perfect WooCommerce Brands
WooCommerce
WooCommerce Multilingual
WPML Multilingual CMS
WPML String Translation
WPML Translation Management

But this issue is still there.

January 28, 2019 at 1:55 pm #3135837

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer).

Please let me know if it worked for you. If so, please send us clear instructions on how to see/reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

January 28, 2019 at 6:19 pm #3137191

thomasK-90

Thank you so much for this great assistance.
I have migrated and for example on those pages you can see.

hidden link
hidden link

On EN page I expect to see the translated version, but showing original(Japanese) version.
Also I didn't set the banner image for EN page, but it is showing.
SO meaning, English page is completely ignoring the translation.

January 29, 2019 at 3:47 pm #3140583

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks, the mgiration worked. I'm running some tests and will send you a feedback soon.

Kind regards,
Diego

January 30, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3144345

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I found another issue that may be related: hidden link - It's not possible to update the translations.

This issue occurs with minimal setup on your website, but does not occurs on a clean install. Have you made any manual modifications to any of the plugins or to the database?

I'm checking with my team if this is a know issue. We will send you a feedback soon.

Kind regards,
Diego

January 30, 2019 at 6:41 pm #3145386

thomasK-90

I think only modification I made on the plugin file is with "Kadence Woocommerce Email Designer". I added some part to add the tracking number in the email.
But that's it. All other modifications I made only in functions.php.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thank you so much for your assistance.

January 31, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3148190

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Just a quick update: We also noticed that the issue occurs only with the existing terms. If I add a new one, it works as expected:
- hidden link
- hidden link

We are still checking and will send you a feedback soon.

Kind regards,
Diego

February 3, 2019 at 4:58 pm #3155710

thomasK-90

I see now why it is not working. It is because I want to have the same slug for different language.

Instead of

/test-brand-en/
/test-brand/

I want to have test-brand as url for both language. So maybe not possible what I want to achieve?

February 4, 2019 at 2:26 pm #3158054

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello @thomask-90,

You are right, the issue is related to the same slug on the translation. I did some tests on the test site and if I use a different slug on the translation, the issue is solved. E.g. hidden link

I checked with my team and this is a know issue that will be fixed in a future release. We need to wait for WordPress 5.1 (it will include a new filter that we need) before releasing the fix.

For now, please use a different slug on the translation.

Kind regards,
Diego

February 5, 2019 at 6:21 pm #3163317

thomasK-90

This was such an amazing support. Thank you so much!
I will wait for WordPress 5.1 release and your plugin's update for this function.

September 5, 2019 at 8:02 am #4516505

thomasK-90

I have now the latest 5.2.3 wordpress, but still this function seems not available. Any solutions?