Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm #2700025

Ricardo Alday

If you requested a video call through the form you will be notified from our support manager about setting up a date/hour for the call.

Best,
Ricardo

September 6, 2018 at 11:18 am #2710349

Retired Account

Sounds great but unfortunately I haven't received anything yet.

September 7, 2018 at 3:25 pm #2715238

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

I contacted our support manager and he said they have received your request but it's behind a few other requests. He asked if there's a testing server where they can replicate the issue before having the call?

I will enable the private fields below so you can provide WP and FTP access.

Thanks,
Ricardo

September 7, 2018 at 3:26 pm #2715239

Ricardo Alday

Forgot to enable the fields. Sorry.

September 11, 2018 at 7:30 pm
September 12, 2018 at 3:33 pm #2728093

Ricardo Alday

Thanks. I downloaded a clone of your database from the live site. This database is only 6+MB then I added Turkish with not much difference in the database size. Added a couple of more languages and still didn't have much difference.
Here's the screencast: hidden link

September 12, 2018 at 5:12 pm #2728402

Retired Account

Here you go. It's happened again. I will will need to restore a backup of the page.

September 12, 2018 at 11:20 pm #2729223

Ricardo Alday

Are you following the same procedure that I show in the screencast or am I doing something different?

September 13, 2018 at 2:16 pm #2731920

Retired Account

Here we go. I also talked about what exactly I do and what happens. I'm looking forward to your feedback. hidden link

September 13, 2018 at 10:50 pm #2733207

Ricardo Alday

Thanks for the information. I tested your procedure on my server, duplicated several pages to all the languages I activated in my screencast. Again, the database didn't increase significantly.
I created a test server where all the plugins have been installed.
You can access it here: Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: DeM1obC0H3g6

SFTP Credentials
Server:w6.wpsandbox.pro
Username:drab-dormouse
Password:8ps3t9lPYOM54l3cYbcF0QM3
Port:2222

Configure WPML first. Then install and activate your plugin. Activate the WP-Optimize plugin so you can check the initial DB size in WP-Optimize -> Table Information (at the bottom of the page)

Create a few pages, translate them, check the DB size.

Feel free to add/remove plugins as needed. Let me know what you find out.

September 24, 2018 at 6:59 am #2759467

Retired Account

I haven't had time to take care of it yet. I will probably join you later this week.

September 24, 2018 at 7:00 pm #2761642

Ricardo Alday

No problem. If the ticket happens to close, feel free to open up a new ticket and reference this ticket url and my name.

The topic ‘[Closed] Performance and Database issue since adding one more language’ is closed to new replies.