This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm #2700025

Ricardo Alday

If you requested a video call through the form you will be notified from our support manager about setting up a date/hour for the call.

Best,
Ricardo

September 6, 2018 at 11:18 am #2710349

Retired Account

Sounds great but unfortunately I haven't received anything yet.

September 7, 2018 at 3:25 pm #2715238

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

I contacted our support manager and he said they have received your request but it's behind a few other requests. He asked if there's a testing server where they can replicate the issue before having the call?

I will enable the private fields below so you can provide WP and FTP access.

Thanks,
Ricardo

September 7, 2018 at 3:26 pm #2715239

Ricardo Alday

Forgot to enable the fields. Sorry.

September 11, 2018 at 7:30 pm
September 12, 2018 at 3:33 pm #2728093

Ricardo Alday

Thanks. I downloaded a clone of your database from the live site. This database is only 6+MB then I added Turkish with not much difference in the database size. Added a couple of more languages and still didn't have much difference.
Here's the screencast: hidden link

September 12, 2018 at 5:12 pm #2728402

Retired Account

Here you go. It's happened again. I will will need to restore a backup of the page.

September 12, 2018 at 11:20 pm #2729223

Ricardo Alday

Are you following the same procedure that I show in the screencast or am I doing something different?

September 13, 2018 at 2:16 pm #2731920

Retired Account

Here we go. I also talked about what exactly I do and what happens. I'm looking forward to your feedback. hidden link

September 13, 2018 at 10:50 pm #2733207

Ricardo Alday

Thanks for the information. I tested your procedure on my server, duplicated several pages to all the languages I activated in my screencast. Again, the database didn't increase significantly.
I created a test server where all the plugins have been installed.
You can access it here: Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: DeM1obC0H3g6

SFTP Credentials
Server:w6.wpsandbox.pro
Username:drab-dormouse
Password:8ps3t9lPYOM54l3cYbcF0QM3
Port:2222

Configure WPML first. Then install and activate your plugin. Activate the WP-Optimize plugin so you can check the initial DB size in WP-Optimize -> Table Information (at the bottom of the page)

Create a few pages, translate them, check the DB size.

Feel free to add/remove plugins as needed. Let me know what you find out.

September 24, 2018 at 6:59 am #2759467

Retired Account

I haven't had time to take care of it yet. I will probably join you later this week.

September 24, 2018 at 7:00 pm #2761642

Ricardo Alday

No problem. If the ticket happens to close, feel free to open up a new ticket and reference this ticket url and my name.

The topic ‘[Closed] Performance and Database issue since adding one more language’ is closed to new replies.