This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 1, 2020 at 3:52 pm #5815581

michaelB-145

Migrating to cloudways so I can test for compatibility conflicts

April 1, 2020 at 8:24 pm #5817089

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please see m y previous private reply and let me know once the site has been migrated. Thanks!

April 2, 2020 at 4:28 pm #5824771

michaelB-145

Hi Lauren,

sorry it took a bit longer - busy times. Site has been migrated.

April 2, 2020 at 10:12 pm #5827043

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for sending the files. I was able to test locally and I found with only WPML and your current theme active, the load time was under 2 seconds. With all of the plugins active except for the Advanced Ads plugins, the site load time was just over 2 seconds. Once I activated the Advanced Ads plugins, the site load time was over 20 seconds (that was with both WPML and the Advanced Ads plugins active). Then I deactivated only WPML plugins and the site load time was around 10 seconds. So the worst scenario is with Advanced Ads is active with WPML but even with WPML deactivated, it seems the load time is high due to the Advanced Ads plugins being active. Maybe there is something in the settings of those plugins that can be changed? I'm honestly not familiar with that group of plugins, so it may be best to ask their support team if they have suggestions.

April 3, 2020 at 1:20 pm #5832351

michaelB-145

Lauren,

thank you for taking the time to investigate the problem. I have contacted Advanced Ads for their input and will keep you appraised of the progress. For the time being, I have deactivated AA but still notice a significant delay when swapping languages using the language button in the menu. Because I haven't used WPML previously, I cannot offer any opinion as to how fast the site should respond. Can you please check if the switch is performing as you would expect.

Thanks for your continued support!
Stay safe.

April 3, 2020 at 2:00 pm #5832777

Lauren
Supporter

I am actually seeing a very fast response time on your site when using the language switcher. The first attempt took about 2 seconds and second attempt was less than a second. I use a Google page speed app to test. Maybe try clearing your website cache and browser cache and see what your page load time is?