Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
January 8, 2021 at 6:47 pm #7803417

michell-17

We are having performance issues with WPML active.

January 11, 2021 at 12:17 pm #7815831

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Please check my private reply above and please follow step by step guide to migrate a copy of your site to our servers.

Please do not forget to provide admin credentials in your private reply and the steps to check the issue.

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

January 12, 2021 at 8:37 am #7822501

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I have checked, but I don't think the website is migrated yet, can you please check and let me know when the migration is finished?

Also, is it possible to check the issue on your staging website link you just shared with me? Might be a good idea to check it there also, since the issue might be specific to your server/envioment.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Drazen

January 12, 2021 at 2:10 pm #7826105

michell-17

Hello,
You can check directly in the staging site webtest.ordiexpress.com no problem

Thank you

January 12, 2021 at 3:20 pm #7826817

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I tried logging in with the credentials you shared, but they do not seem to work.

I am enabling private reply for your next reply, can you please follow next:

1) Make a backup before sharing access and confirm it in your next reply

2) Share steps how can I check and see the issue you reported

3) Please share correct website admin and FTP credentials for your staging website webtest.ordiexpress.com

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

January 12, 2021 at 3:53 pm #7827249

michell-17

I know that suposedly i can have installed 3 licences with my plan so feel free to install and activate in this website if is necessary.
Cause i have a message that ask if is a copy of the website
Thank you

January 12, 2021 at 6:12 pm #7828605

michell-17

Hello i got this message in my live site ordiexpress.com

January 13, 2021 at 8:33 am #7832079

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

Please note we limit 1 issue per 1 ticket to keep things clear and easy to follow.

The things you mentioned are excepted to happen when migrating a website:

- > https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/using-advanced-translation-editor-when-you-move-or-use-a-copy-of-your-site/

If you still have an issue please open a new ticket or let me know and I will do it for you.

I have checked your site and the performance issue you reported, and it seems to be coming from a WPML compatibility issue from theme Molla and its Molla plugins.

Testing results:
- Molla + All plugins - > 3.6s 1200Q
- Storefront theme + All plugins without Molla plugin and theme -> 1.37s 201Q

Video: hidden link

You have a large number of queries when Molla theme/plugins active and increase in load time, which can be even higher depending on your server load and 1200 queries speed execution.

Since I see the author is claiming to be compatible with WPML, even though we are not aware of this theme nor has it been tested by our developers and is not officially compatible, I advise you to contact theme support and report this issue, maybe they have a solution.

Please check the WPML compatible themes list:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

If they need our help please ask them to join our Go Global compatible program, our developers will be glad to help them in the process of making their theme WPML compatible to avoid this kind of issue in the future.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

We would need some goodwill from authors in order to solve this issue and making their theme compatible.

We are willing to help them out but need some collaboration from their side also since it would be difficult for us to review their whole theme code and check for parts that might cause an issue with WPML.

If they are not willing to collaborate with WPML, I can suggest that you maybe try using some other WPML compatible theme.

I hope you understand our side here. Please let me know how it goes and if there is anything else I can do for you.

Kind regards,
Drazen

January 13, 2021 at 2:17 pm #7835879

michell-17

Hello,
Thank yo so much for your Support and analysis.

About the migration this is a staging site is a copy , so if you can Help to set it up should be goes cause the link you shared explain what happens but i dint understand how to set it up or fix it.

About Molla compatibility list:
Ii trusted in the information provided by envato ,where i chose the template before to buy it where says that is compatible, but as i see in your list is clearly not, so is not correct that this template says that is and is not.(I share you a screenshot and you can see in the link the information provided by the template)

hidden link

Well so for now i would like to ask you whats the next step i also have a licence Electro that is on your list if you suggest is a good option im down to activate it or i trust in your experience to have an advice to find the best solution for this problem.

https://wpml.org/theme/electro/

Thank you

January 14, 2021 at 6:57 am #7840971

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I understand, but some theme authors market themes as WPML compatible even if they are not, which is not correct, that is why I advised you to contact this theme author, report the issue and ask them to join our compatibility program where will be glad to help them out.

Hopefully, they are willing to collaborate and we can work together and make their theme WPML compatible. There is not much we can do alone on this, they will need to adapt and change their theme code..

Other than that I can only suggest you use some other WPML compatible theme, Electro is WPML compatible and it should work fine, but we have a known issue where:"Text in the theme options replaced with its translations" so keep that in mind.

I am sorry there is not much more I can do here but hope you understand our side, I advise you to first contact theme support before trying any other theme.

Kind regards,
Drazen